“ghost tour” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 44 Tours & Activities in Avalon
More attraction details
Owner description: A day or evening ghostly walking tour which will guide you through haunted Avalon; over the very burial ground the village was built upon. You will drop in on a variety of historic locations which are sure to raise the hair on your neck with their paranormal activity. You will become entwined with the unsolved mysteries, scandalous tales, ghostly sightings, types of ghosts and why they continue to haunt Avalon. Cameras are encouraged. Nothing is made up. It is historic, educational and crazy wild when we have an encounter. The tours last just over an hour and are “G Rated for Ghostly” and are great for families as well as for the serious paranormal investigator or amateur ghost hunter. Tours meet near the Casino and come back into town with some stairs involved. The tour ends at the opposite side of town at the most actively haunted site in town.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
chino
4 attraction reviews
“ghost tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We went for my best friends birthday to the island. Had a great day ,, lovley dinner and went for tour. Constance was a peach. Very sweet and knowledgable about the "dirt" of the island. She knew the nitty gritty you wont read about in any article. The rivalries between familes and indian history. it was a great history lesson. I was snapping photos along the way .. most to blury to keep ,, as i was looking back at them along the walk I noticed something very odd. This is no joke ,, the pictures I am giong to post were taken seconds apart. Constance was telling us a story about this one hotel (forgive me i cant remember the name) and a women that had died on one of the upper floors ? I took about 4 shots from a similar angle .. but ONE caught what i believe to be a TRUE ORB .. not a dust particle .. cuz I have TONS of dust particles for ya'll to look at .. this is just unexplainable.. so take a look and chime in.

Visited December 2012

West Hollywood, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Way to go, Constance!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Excellent tour about the islands creepy spots, and excellent guide!!! Constance, you sent shivers down my spine with some of those stories! I recommend this tour, and I definitely recommend going on Constance's tour. TOTALLY WORTH THE MONEY... LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Orange, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lame!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We felt we got ripped off for this tour, we left half way into it. People were even stopping and laughing at us while in the tour. It was a joke!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst ghost tour ever.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We went Sunday night, August 12, 2012. This was the worst ghost tour we've ever been on anywhere. The historical information was incorrect on four occasions, the ghost stories were like Saturday matinee horror flicks, the narration was psychobabble and laughable junk "science" without a real citation ever made. Interesting stories about real people were neglected. All of this was made worse by the guide's constant use of "you guys" to address the customers, "O.K.?" to punctuate sentences, and "all right?" to validate whatever foolishness we had just been told. The history and mystery of Avalon deserve better. I'd bet a lot of money that no one goes on the tour a second time.

highland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great 1st Night Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

If you're staying on the island, I recommend this tour on your first day as it gives you certain historical insight and an interesting perspective on the island's history.

I took the tour with guide, Scott, who captured and maintained our group's interest, including some passer-bys who wanted to know what type of tour required wearing glow necklaces.

Scott was naturally entertaining because of his knowledge and passion on the subjects of Avalon and Paranormal Activity. He really did a fine job of presenting historical data and encouraged members of the group to research it later. At the end of the tour, near the Catherine Hotel, as Scott wrapped it up, no one quite wanted to leave...whether that was because they wanted to hear more or were just freaked a bit, or both....I'm not sure.

I give this event a high rating because whatever your perspective is on life after death, you can learn an appreciation for those personalities who helped to build Avalon into a sharable attraction and might just still be hanging around the place they love.

I'd love to tell you more, as I'm chopping at the bits, but I don't want to be a spoiler!