“Chicken fried chicken with country gravy...need I say more?” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Pomona, California
“Chicken fried chicken with country gravy...need I say more?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Note to self- this is not a great place to go if you are watching calories. Great little breakfast spot crowded with locals and tourists. Turns out not much is open early on weekends so options are limited, but this was a great find (not that you have too look hard). Had breakfast two days in a row. Basics one day but served hot and very good. Second day I had the chicken fried chicken breast with a biscuit and gravy with eggs and hash browns. Chicken and gravy were great, biscuits a little dry and perfectly crispy hash browns. Packed solid with people and a nice wait after 8:30 but worth the wait. Staff was fast and very friendly. Only open for breakfast and lunch.

Visited February 2014

San Diego, California, United States
“Staff was very rude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I went to Catalina with my family over a holiday weekend. There was a line and we waited but the manager seemed to be friendly and efficient. Our waiter was okay, not particularity attentive but okay. The meals(omelets and french toast) were okay, not bad but not great. Portions were just okay. However, the real problem was at the end of the meal. I had some money folded up on the table as I was figuring the bill. The staff had been clearing the table of dishes, napkins etc. By the time I was done, the money was gone. I asked the waiter if he had seen it. I wasn't accusing him of anything, but he got very defensive. He was just very rude about the situation. I kept assuring him I didn't think he had done anything wrong, but could he help in any way. I asked him to ask the dishwasher which he reluctantly did.I asked to have see the manager and she kept ignoring me, finally coming over and explained rather rudely "Oh I thought you were coming to me.." I explained the situation and she was so unhelpful and rude. Again, I didn't think anybody had "taken" the money, just could she be more helpful. "Well, we can't go through the trash" I understand that but could you just be empathetic and offer to see if I could go through the trash. I had to go because my family was waiting, but whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth. Good hospitality means being empathetic and at least trying to help. As a side note too, a local told us the this restaurant had been closed down many times for health code violations.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Miami
“Great Breakfast Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Perfect 'diner type' breakfast spot although I'm sure their other meals are just as good. Down home feel and food. Friendly and popular.

Visited February 2014
Alpine
“Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Good place to go for breakfast. Good service, good coffee, good value because prices are higher on Catalina.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orange, California, Usa
“Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This place was busy in the off season and we could see why. Portuguese sausage, pancakes, applewood smoked ham, biscuits and gravy…home cooked and delicious.

Visited January 2014