“Amazing Adventure. Aunthentic Island Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 60 Activities in Avalon
More attraction details
Owner description: Summer fun since ’91! Open daily April through September for kayak and snorkel gear rentals, our booth is located at the Avalon boat landing. Rent a set of snorkel gear and head over to Lovers Cove Marine Preserve or try a glass bottom kayak and explore the fish filled waters from above!Join our Little Harbor Outback Tour for a unique outing to one of Catalina’s most beautiful beaches. Explore remote Catalina with a local guide on this interactive island tour, 11am – 4pm. At Little Harbor, enjoy lunch and your choice of activity. Kayak, snorkel, boogie board or hike, all equipment and picnic lunch are included in tour price. We are a small, family run business and love to share our island home. We strive to give the Catalina visitor a unique and memorable Island experience and this year we are celebrating our 23rd summer!
clovis,ca
“Amazing Adventure. Aunthentic Island Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

Spent a fantastic day with Chip on the Outback Tour. It was just my sister and I taking the tour, so we had our own personal tour guide, photographer and chauffeaur. We met up with Chip, who is a 3rd generation islander and knows just about anything you could imagine about the island. He drove us all around the island, giving us history and fun facts, stopping for photo opps and buffalo spottings. We picked up lunch at the airport, spotted more buffalo and headed to Little Harbor, The Harbor is absolutely gorgeous! We chose not to kayak because it was so cold, but I'm sure more adventurious people would have jumped at the chance. They brought wet suits for us and everything. We rode around the island and stopped to see various wildlife and enjoyed some of Chips stories about growing up on the island and "fun facts" that only a native could know. We went to Twin Harbour and had an awesome sandwhich lunch with yummy homemade cookies. The island is just beautiful and you really to get to see so much more than just staying in Avalon. We loved the flexibilty and friendliness of Chip. He is truly a "salt of the earth" kind of guy, with no cell phone or computer. He dosent even know what trip advisor is!

Ive traveled to many places and paid for many tours, but this had to be one of my absolute favorites! It felt like a custom made tour and Chip aims to please. I highly recommend this tour if you want a personal touch and a wonderful experience! I saw a similiar experience advertised for $700+. I think we paid $140/each for a full day with lunch and the option to kayak, all equipment provided. Be sure to bring your camera, towel, and good shoes for hiking!

Temecula, California
12 attraction reviews
“Best interior tour on the Island"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

My wife and I took the 6 hour tour and it was just the 2 of us with Chip the tour guide. He provided much insight into the workings of the Island befitting his 3rd generational status. But the best part was the scenery, kayaking in Little Harbor and a 2 mile hike up a canyon that created a great memory of Catalina. My wife and I are both 60 and thorougly enjoyed our "adventure".

rochester, mn
3 attraction reviews
“fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

Went on the outback tour last week. The guide (Chip) grew up on the island and was very knowledgable. We spent about 6 hours driving around Catalina Island with a break for lunch (included). We saw parts of Catalina not normally seen by visitors, including beautiful vistas, secluded coves (with options for kayaking, although we didn't kayak), Two Harbors, the buffalo, and a bald eagle. Highly recommended!

Anaheim, CA
“Best Tour Experience Ever! Bring Your Camera And Enjoy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

Wet Spot rents snorkel gear, wet suits, and kayaks, sells handmade jewelry and souvenirs, and offers a wide variety of Catalina tours.

This review is for the Outback Catalina Tour that takes you to the inside of the island:

Wow! This was the best tour I have ever been on in my life. We found a brochure for Wet Spot's outback tour and heard good things about it from some of the locals. We called on it and booked for a Saturday departure leaving at 10:00 AM. It was about $120 per person for a 4 hour tour of the inner part of the island, lunch included, and worth every penny.

When we arrived to leave on the tour, my girlfriend and I were the only two that signed up so we got a personal tour guide (at fraction of the cost!). We loaded up in the truck and navigated our way through the inside of the island on windy dirt roads with stellar views. I felt like we saw everything! We saw the stunning views of the island, the airport, hidden beaches, went kayaking, saw buffalo, horses, and other animals part of the wildlife preserve, Wrigley's vineyard, and on and on.

Our tour guide was amazing! If you go there be sure to request Roberto! He is a local and grew up on the island. We got a wealth of information about the island's history and the inside scoop on just about everything, given his background and awareness of the island. Since we were the only two that showed up for that specific time and tour, he catered the tour to fit our wants and we had a wonderful time!

When we got back we purchased some handmade items and souvenirs that Wet Spot has for sale.

Check the pictures I posted. This is a tour not to be missed! We will be back to do it again. Thanks Roberto!