I'm sure the money you pay to stay at the Pavilion is because of the location, being at the end of the Green Pier. The room doesn't look like the advertised photo, the toilet got backed up, and it just didn't measure up. It's nice to have the wine and cheese tasting every day and the continental breakfast, but there were other hotels with the same breakfast. We found another hotel just down the road, the Metropol, and it was a lot nicer and still in the center of town, for a lot less. For what we paid at the Pavilion, we could have had a suite at the Metropol. We'll stay there next time.
Guess you can't always judge a book by it's cover, or rather internet description.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Complimentary room amenities include: concierge service, continental breakfast, afternoon wine and cheese social, outdoor lounge with fire ring, movies, Blue Ray players & iPads for checkout, 37" flat screen TVs, HBO & Showtime movie channels, wireless Internet, iHome music centers, priority cabana/chaise reservations at Descanso Beach Club, priority table reservations at Avalon Grille & Catalina Country Club, Starbucks coffee and tea, and in-room safes, refrigerators, irons, ironing boards & hair dryers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pavilion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pavilion Lodge Catalina
- Pavilion Lodge Avalon
- Catalina Island Lodge Pavilion
- Pavilion Hotel Avalon
- Pavilion Hotel Catalina Island/Avalon, CA