“Excellent Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pavilion Hotel

Save Saved
You added Pavilion Hotel to your Saves list
Pavilion Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   513 Crescent Ave., PO Box 737, Avalon, Catalina Island, CA 90704   |
Ranked #4 of 20 hotels in Avalon
Westwood, California
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My family and I recently visited Catalina Island and stayed at the Pavillion for four days. From the moment we checked in we felt welcomed! The entire staff was very hospitable, warm, and friendly. I can't wait to return. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to enjoy one of Catalina's best!

Room Tip: Second floor serves for a better vview. Rooms on the first floor near the front are my favorite, the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pavilion Hotel on your recent visit to Catalina Island. My team and I express our sincerest appreciation for taking the time to share your hotel experience with others on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your rave review and recognizing our exemplary service. I know my team will be very happy to read your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Pavilion Hotel.

596 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Monrovia, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

What a great experience! The central location is perfect, the landscaped grounds are beautifully maintained and the rooms - recently remodeled - are fresh, clean and nicely appointed. The décor has a vintage Catalina Island theme and is elegantly done. Beds are plush and wonderfully comfortable.

The staff was exceptionally warm, welcoming and friendly. We arrived at 7:30am to store luggage until check-in and although we did not request a room at such an early hour, Martin volunteered that our room was vacant and available. He also welcomed us to enjoy the complimentary breakfast although our check-in time was not until 3:00. Although we were only staying for one night, he did a wonderful job of making us feel truly welcome. We had the same experience with Kris upon check out at 11:00. When Kris learned that we had a 9pm boat departure, he emphasized that we were invited to use the lounge chairs throughout the day, take part in the wine and cheese reception, and return to store or retrieve items in our luggage as often as necessary.

The complimentary breakfast exceeded our expectations as well as the breakfast experience we have had at other island hotels. The ocean-view outside seating options were lovely and clean and definitely a cut above what is offered elsewhere.

Lastly, we made great use of the Unlimited Package and found it to be an excellent value. We appreciated having this option and were able to experience many aspects of the island this way. We’re already looking forward to our next trip!

Room Tip: Although located in the very front, Room 302 was completely quiet, at least on a Thursday night.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience of your recent stay at the Pavilion Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular, you were delighted with the service provided by my team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Catalina Island.

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We recently stayed at the Pavilion Hotel for 2 nights with our children. The hotel setting is beautiful. The hospitality of the staff, especially Kris K., was excellence. They were very gracious and warm. Also the breakfast was delicious, as was the wine and cheese at night.
We definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Pavilion Hotel during your visit to Catalina Island. We appreciate your time to share with us your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to share your feedback with my entire team and will recognize them for a job well done. Thank you for taking the time to personally acknowledge Kris K. in contributing to your wonderful experience.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Santa Fe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I visited Santa Catalina Island for four days and stayed at the Pavilion for one of the best stays I have ever had. The location was incredible, with beautiful views of Avalon Bay and in the heart of all of the major restaurants and shops in Avalon. The room included high-quality furnishing and you could tell right off they cared about their product; everything was extremely clean and no signs of wear and tear. The bed was probably the most comfortable I have ever slept in in a hotel. What really put the hotel over the top for me was the hospitality and attention by the staff. I met too many of them to mention them all here but they all were outgoing and friendly throughout my stay, always quick with a smile and asking if there was anything they could do to make my stay better. This is a definite gem on the island and I hope everyone who reads this will call them up and make plans to stay when they go to the island.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Pavilion Hotel on your recent visit to Catalina Island. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

I am pleased to share your rave review to my entire team. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and recommending our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to Pavilion Hotel on your next visit to Catalina Island.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Avalon is a wonderful destination with a true small town feel, and the front desk staff at the Pavilion made us feel right at home. Justin, Martin, and Jose at the front desk told us about Avalon and Jose told us what it was like to have grown up on Catalina, and all of this made us feel welcome and involved.

The morning breakfast was wonderful, and filled us up for a day of touring Catalina. In the evening, huge blocks of unusual tasty cheeses were set out with local wines.

The rooms are simple, clean, and elegant. I highly recommend this hotel if you visit Avalon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your rave review and recognizing Justin, Martin, and Jose's exemplary service. I know they will be very happy to read your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Pavilion Hotel and to Catalina Island very soon!

Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I usually have the habit of calling front desk or house keeping complaining about something as the first thing I step into a hotel room. I am very picky in terms of comfort and convenience. However, during my entire stay in the hotel, I did not need to pick up the phone for a single time. That it self is a huge compliment to the hotel and staff. Nice work done. The highlight of our stay here is every afternoon, sitting in the garden by the fire pit, enjoy wine and cheese for an hour, having conversation with family and fellow visitors, or even just browse through any book from the library. Oh, my daughter loves the oranges placed in the library of the hotel. There is a beautiful lawn in the middle of the hotel ground for kids to play. Of course, people with no kids will find it a ground for complaining. It is definitely an attraction for kids, when parents are sipping wines...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your rave review and recognizing our exemplary service. My staff will be very happy to read your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Pavilion Hotel.

Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Amazing hotel and service. The bed linens and coffee are are as good as I use at home. Some were better. Starbucks coffee, and wine and cheese social put this over the top. Clean, clean, and clean!!!. Can't imagine a stay at any other hotel.

Room Tip: Best catalina has to offer.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Pavilion Hotel and for taking the time to share your memorable experience of your recent stay on TripAdvisor.

It is my pleasure to share your feedback with my team. We recognize our staff when they go out of their way to create exceptional experiences for our guests.

Thank you once again for recommending our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

Roberto Perico

Been to Pavilion Hotel? Share your experiences!