“Great hospitality, location and amenities” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pavilion Hotel

Save Saved
You added Pavilion Hotel to your Saves list
Pavilion Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   513 Crescent Ave., PO Box 737, Avalon, Catalina Island, CA 90704   |
Ranked #4 of 19 hotels in Avalon
Santa Fe
“Great hospitality, location and amenities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I visited Santa Catalina Island for four days and stayed at the Pavilion for one of the best stays I have ever had. The location was incredible, with beautiful views of Avalon Bay and in the heart of all of the major restaurants and shops in Avalon. The room included high-quality furnishing and you could tell right off they cared about their product; everything was extremely clean and no signs of wear and tear. The bed was probably the most comfortable I have ever slept in in a hotel. What really put the hotel over the top for me was the hospitality and attention by the staff. I met too many of them to mention them all here but they all were outgoing and friendly throughout my stay, always quick with a smile and asking if there was anything they could do to make my stay better. This is a definite gem on the island and I hope everyone who reads this will call them up and make plans to stay when they go to the island.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Pavilion Hotel on your recent visit to Catalina Island. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

I am pleased to share your rave review to my entire team. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and recommending our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to Pavilion Hotel on your next visit to Catalina Island.

612 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Avalon is a wonderful destination with a true small town feel, and the front desk staff at the Pavilion made us feel right at home. Justin, Martin, and Jose at the front desk told us about Avalon and Jose told us what it was like to have grown up on Catalina, and all of this made us feel welcome and involved.

The morning breakfast was wonderful, and filled us up for a day of touring Catalina. In the evening, huge blocks of unusual tasty cheeses were set out with local wines.

The rooms are simple, clean, and elegant. I highly recommend this hotel if you visit Avalon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pavilion Hotel on your recent visit to Catalina Island. My team and I express our sincerest appreciation for taking the time to share your hotel experience with others on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your rave review and recognizing Justin, Martin, and Jose's exemplary service. I know they will be very happy to read your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Pavilion Hotel and to Catalina Island very soon!

Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I usually have the habit of calling front desk or house keeping complaining about something as the first thing I step into a hotel room. I am very picky in terms of comfort and convenience. However, during my entire stay in the hotel, I did not need to pick up the phone for a single time. That it self is a huge compliment to the hotel and staff. Nice work done. The highlight of our stay here is every afternoon, sitting in the garden by the fire pit, enjoy wine and cheese for an hour, having conversation with family and fellow visitors, or even just browse through any book from the library. Oh, my daughter loves the oranges placed in the library of the hotel. There is a beautiful lawn in the middle of the hotel ground for kids to play. Of course, people with no kids will find it a ground for complaining. It is definitely an attraction for kids, when parents are sipping wines...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your rave review and recognizing our exemplary service. My staff will be very happy to read your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Pavilion Hotel.

Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Amazing hotel and service. The bed linens and coffee are are as good as I use at home. Some were better. Starbucks coffee, and wine and cheese social put this over the top. Clean, clean, and clean!!!. Can't imagine a stay at any other hotel.

Room Tip: Best catalina has to offer.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Pavilion Hotel and for taking the time to share your memorable experience of your recent stay on TripAdvisor.

It is my pleasure to share your feedback with my team. We recognize our staff when they go out of their way to create exceptional experiences for our guests.

Thank you once again for recommending our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

Westminster, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We purchased a packet deal at the Pavilion Hotel. The staff was wonderful. Everything was clean. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Roberto Perico is the General Manager of this hotel and he does an excellent job. We are coming back!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to share your rave review to my entire team. I am proud of my team who went out of their way to make you feel welcomed and showed genuine care to ensure your stay was memorable.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

What a delightful hotel - centrally located and a great staff. They have a great little "library" that serves coffee in the morning and wine and cheese in the afternoon. Just a short walk from the ferry landing. Will definately stay there again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Steps from the beach, right on main waterfront but not noisy, modern & comfy rooms, wine&cheese party in the evenings around the fire pit, cozy lounges in the garden- snag an empty one if you see one- they are all full for a reason! Yummy breakfast daily included too. Will stay again without a doubt! My pre-teen/teenaged kids loved it as well- hip but not pretentious. Look for the yummy free taffy in the dining room- my kids snagged it whenever they had a chance-fun touch!

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to share your rave review to my entire team. I am proud of my staff who went out his way to make you feel welcomed and showed genuine care to ensure your stay was memorable.

Roberto Perico

Been to Pavilion Hotel? Share your experiences!