“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pavilion Hotel

You added Pavilion Hotel to your Saves list
Pavilion Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   513 Crescent Ave., PO Box 737, Avalon, Catalina Island, CA 90704   |
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Saint Cloud, Minnesota, United States
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The courtyard was pure heaven, staff was pleasant, room was comfortable with turn down service with chocolate and bottled water. The wine and cheese was excellent (wine was actually really fantastic!) and the breakfast was excellent

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience of your recent stay at the Pavilion Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular, you were delighted with the service provided by my team. Thank you for also mentioning our turn down service and wine and cheese as well.

Roberto Perico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed a night at the Pavilion Hotel in October 2012, and took part in a wine tasting event organized by the Hotel's wine steward, whose name is Nic. He is extremely knowledgeable, well read, friendly with a great personality. His choice of red and white wines was excellent and the hors d'oeuvres were scrumptious. He was the highlight of our stay at the Pavilion Hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Pavilion Hotel and for taking the time to share your memorable experience of your recent stay on TripAdvisor.

It is my pleasure to share your feedback with my team. Thank you for recognizing Nic with his exemplary service. We recognize our staff when they go out of their way to create exceptional experiences for our guests.

Thank you once again for recommending our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed here on a weekend in October 2012 during the Jazztrax Festival. We were skeptical, because it used to be very unappealing looking from the outside. However, our room was delightful, quiet, comfortable, and wonderfully remodeled. We really enjoyed the common area (patio) of the hotel for breakfast and afternoon wine tastings. It was a fun place to stay! I would recommend it over any other place I've stayed on the island.

Room Tip: You may ask the front desk to change the air conditioning filter in your room. The A/C made me a li...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pavilion Hotel on your recent visit to Catalina Island. My team and I express our sincerest appreciation for taking the time to share your hotel experience with others on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your rave review. We are very happy to read your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Pavilion Hotel.

southern california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the hotel from December 28, 2012 to January 3, 2013. This was our first time staying at this hotel and we were pleased and so enjoyed our stay. It seems to us that first off everyone we encountered who worked at the hotel really worked hard to be positive and always went out of their way to make sure the guests had a great stay. We spent a little extra and stayed in a upgraded room with a king bed and a small refrigerator. We were on the ground floor and had a lovely green area with two chairs and a small table to sit in outside our front door. The grounds of the hotel were serene and ever so green. We tried to enjoy all the hotel had to offer. Every night they had wine tasting in a seperate room near the front of the hotel. This was wonderful , a couple of choices of wine that was served with cheeses and fruit and that was a great meeting time for our group ( 4 couples). We also enjoyed the free breakfast in the same room every morning. This breakfast included coffee, teas, oatmeal, crescents, bagels, fruit. Which was wonderful but this also helped us save money. We did come to catalina to go out for new years eve. I did not have a make-up mirror in my room, and didnt bring one. Kris with a K, was nice enough at the front desk to locate one for me and I got to use it the whole time during our stay. I also wrote to the hotel after our stay to ask about the wonderful cheeses and wines served during the wine tastings. The manager was kind of enough to write me back with this information. I know he is a very busy guy, and this was a nice surprise to receive a email from him. The hotel also has a nice fire pit with chairs surrounding it, which is a nice place to sit on a cold night. I can not really come up with any negatives on the hotel as I felt like everything was done to perfection. I am sure the next time we come to catalina which will probabley be next new years we will stay at this great hotel.

Room Tip: I would suggest looking on the website to see the many options available for the rooms. Depending on...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular, you were delighted with the service provided by my team. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Catalina Island.

california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is the perfect place to stay for a short trip to Catalina. The location is in walking distance from shopping, dining, etc. The rooms are super comfortable, I always have trouble sleeping my first night at a hotel...and had no problems here. The outdoor areas have fire pits for the chilly winter evenings. Definitely recommend this place for anyone traveling to Catalina Island.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your rave review and recognizing my team's service. I know they will be very happy to read your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Pavilion Hotel.

Sun City, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was in Catalina, booked at this wonderful hotel, February 19th -21st. I wish to express my appreciation to every one of the employees. We were all Seniors, and the patience that was extended , always with sweet smiles, is appreciated. It seems their purpose was to make our stay there one of complete enjoyment. thank you so much Amelia Anderson

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular, you were delighted with the service provided by my team. Thank you for recognizing their extraordinarily service. I will personally share your feedback with them.

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This place is very cool - even hip. Its mid-century modern style has been carefully preserved in the remodel, which is fresh. Its upscale along the lines of The W, but preserves the charm and character of Catalina. Great staff. Great location. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your rave review and are happy to read your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Pavilion Hotel.

Roberto Perico

Been to Pavilion Hotel? Share your experiences!