“What a Remodel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pavilion Hotel

Save Saved
You added Pavilion Hotel to your Saves list
Pavilion Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   513 Crescent Ave., PO Box 737, Avalon, Catalina Island, CA 90704   |
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Nashville, Tennessee
“What a Remodel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed here on a weekend in October 2012 during the Jazztrax Festival. We were skeptical, because it used to be very unappealing looking from the outside. However, our room was delightful, quiet, comfortable, and wonderfully remodeled. We really enjoyed the common area (patio) of the hotel for breakfast and afternoon wine tastings. It was a fun place to stay! I would recommend it over any other place I've stayed on the island.

Room Tip: You may ask the front desk to change the air conditioning filter in your room. The A/C made me a li...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pavilion Hotel on your recent visit to Catalina Island. My team and I express our sincerest appreciation for taking the time to share your hotel experience with others on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your rave review. We are very happy to read your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Pavilion Hotel.

Roberto Perico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
southern california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the hotel from December 28, 2012 to January 3, 2013. This was our first time staying at this hotel and we were pleased and so enjoyed our stay. It seems to us that first off everyone we encountered who worked at the hotel really worked hard to be positive and always went out of their way to make sure the guests had a great stay. We spent a little extra and stayed in a upgraded room with a king bed and a small refrigerator. We were on the ground floor and had a lovely green area with two chairs and a small table to sit in outside our front door. The grounds of the hotel were serene and ever so green. We tried to enjoy all the hotel had to offer. Every night they had wine tasting in a seperate room near the front of the hotel. This was wonderful , a couple of choices of wine that was served with cheeses and fruit and that was a great meeting time for our group ( 4 couples). We also enjoyed the free breakfast in the same room every morning. This breakfast included coffee, teas, oatmeal, crescents, bagels, fruit. Which was wonderful but this also helped us save money. We did come to catalina to go out for new years eve. I did not have a make-up mirror in my room, and didnt bring one. Kris with a K, was nice enough at the front desk to locate one for me and I got to use it the whole time during our stay. I also wrote to the hotel after our stay to ask about the wonderful cheeses and wines served during the wine tastings. The manager was kind of enough to write me back with this information. I know he is a very busy guy, and this was a nice surprise to receive a email from him. The hotel also has a nice fire pit with chairs surrounding it, which is a nice place to sit on a cold night. I can not really come up with any negatives on the hotel as I felt like everything was done to perfection. I am sure the next time we come to catalina which will probabley be next new years we will stay at this great hotel.

Room Tip: I would suggest looking on the website to see the many options available for the rooms. Depending on...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience of your recent stay at the Pavilion Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular, you were delighted with the service provided by my team. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Catalina Island.

california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is the perfect place to stay for a short trip to Catalina. The location is in walking distance from shopping, dining, etc. The rooms are super comfortable, I always have trouble sleeping my first night at a hotel...and had no problems here. The outdoor areas have fire pits for the chilly winter evenings. Definitely recommend this place for anyone traveling to Catalina Island.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your rave review and recognizing my team's service. I know they will be very happy to read your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Pavilion Hotel.

Sun City, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was in Catalina, booked at this wonderful hotel, February 19th -21st. I wish to express my appreciation to every one of the employees. We were all Seniors, and the patience that was extended , always with sweet smiles, is appreciated. It seems their purpose was to make our stay there one of complete enjoyment. thank you so much Amelia Anderson

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular, you were delighted with the service provided by my team. Thank you for recognizing their extraordinarily service. I will personally share your feedback with them.

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This place is very cool - even hip. Its mid-century modern style has been carefully preserved in the remodel, which is fresh. Its upscale along the lines of The W, but preserves the charm and character of Catalina. Great staff. Great location. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your rave review and are happy to read your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Pavilion Hotel.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed at the Pavilion Hotel with my boyfriend and some friends over NYE. I was kind of nervous because after looking at hotels on Catalina I was afraid they were all kind of outdated. I was seriously surprised by how much I loved the Pavilion Hotel and I will definitely stay here again...and will recommend it to all of my friends. We absolutely loved the wine and cheese hour, delicious cheese and wine and the community feeling of everyone hanging around the fire pit and garden. We went everyday as our own little happy hour before heading out to dinner and the bars.

The rooms were nice, clean and the beds were super comfy! Only complaint is the blinds don't cover all of the sunshine coming in. Not terrible, but could be a little better. After everything, that complaint is a VERY minor one.

Great hotel and everything is very close by. We will definitely be back!!! Loved our stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Pavilion Hotel on your recent visit to Catalina Island. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

I am pleased to share your rave review to my entire team. I am glad you enjoyed our wine and cheese our and atmosphere of our hotel. Thank you for your feedback regarding our blinds as well.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and recommending our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to Pavilion Hotel on your next visit to Catalina Island.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I just returned from a trip to CA (Feb. 2013), where part of the time was spent on Catalina Island in Avalon at the Pavilion Hotel. This property has it all: great location on the harbor just steps to all the shops and restaurants, friendly and efficient staff, and beautiful accommodations that are spacious and clean. We especially enjoyed the wine and cheese hour around the open pit fireplace in the courtyard and the wonderful complimentary breakfast overlooking the water. The tours they offered were very good and an excellent value. Anytime I return to Catalina I will stay at the Pavilion and would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Pavilion Hotel during your visit to Catalina Island. We appreciate your time to share with us your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to share your feedback with my entire team and will recognize them for a job well done. Thank you for taking the time to mention all the things that you enjoyed on your stay with us.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Roberto Perico

Been to Pavilion Hotel? Share your experiences!