“Pavilion Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pavilion Hotel

You added Pavilion Hotel to your Saves list
Pavilion Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   513 Crescent Ave., PO Box 737, Avalon, Catalina Island, CA 90704   |
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Oakdale, California
“Pavilion Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Very nice hotel. Breakfast was good with great fruit. Really enjoy the wine & cheese. Very generous portions. The courtyard area was maintained beautifully. We had a down stairs room with a patio area with chairs & a table. We enjoyed having drinks there in the afternoon.
All the staff was friendly & helpfull. The hotel is in walking distance to everything, perfect location. We would difinitely choose the Pavilion Hotel again.

Room Tip: We had room 307...perfect location with a patio area.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pavilion Hotel on your recent visit to Catalina Island. My team and I express our sincerest appreciation for taking the time to share your hotel experience with others on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your rave review and recognizing our exemplary service. I know my team will be very happy to read your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Pavilion Hotel very soon!

Roberto Perico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Grants Pass, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We have stayed at The Pavilion Hotel for a couple of nights over the past several years sometime during the month of January or February. We have seen two renovations - each one making the hotel a more comfortable place to stay. This year we noticed the change to a friendlier staff and the added amenities - like the turn down service at the end of the day. This hotel has a special place in our hearts and we look forward to January or February of 2014 for our next short, relaxing, memorable stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Pavilion Hotel and for taking the time to share your memorable experience of your recent stay on TripAdvisor.

It is my pleasure to share your feedback with my team. We recognize our staff when they go out of their way to create exceptional experiences for our guests.

Thank you once again for recommending our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

Simi Valley, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We visited during Jan for the Avalon 50 Mile Benefit Run. The hotel was so accommodating for the runners and all of their guests. Our room was not large, but that didn't matter. The beds were very comfortable, the bedding was DELICIOUSLY warm and comfortable, the water pressure was awesome.

Above all every single person we met that worked for the hotel was so nice and sincerely interested in ensuring we had an excellent stay.

My husband and I are 5'10 and 6' 1" which always causes problems with beds. We shared a room so we shared a double bed (from a Cal King it was so small but that's not the hotel's fault).

The system for heating/cooling is the only thing that was irritating. The symbols are not "universal" so we struggled with trying to figure it out (the little remote flips open on the bottom FYI).

The breakfast they served up (for the runners, they opened up at 3am!) was crazy awesome. Only the coffee got cold quickly (they had it set outside for access).

The grounds were quaint and beautiful.

We had the bottom floor (room 117) and I'd want to get that one again. We had a little patio and it was far enough past the foot traffic that we didn't have any disturbances. I think the people above us were also runners because they were walking around (you can hear it a little too well) but then it was silent at 8pm when everyone hit the hay to wake up at 3am.

The hotel is right on the beach, steps from the water. 30 yards from the pier. A block from the tiny VONS grocery store, shopping along the "strip".

I would want to stay here again FOR SURE.

Room Tip: I cannot imagine a bad room choice. The rooms are not large, so there is not much space. We saw our...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience of your recent stay at the Pavilion Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular, you were delighted with the service provided by my team. Thank you for recognizing their extraordinarily service. I will personally share your feedback with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Catalina Island.

Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I would like to start off by saying that if you ever have the chance to visit the Pavilion Hotel do it without hessitation. Of all the hotels that we have researched and looked at, by far, this one is the best on the island. The service and the recommendations were all top notch. The staff, top to bottom, was outstanding. The General Manager, Roberto (forgot last name), took time out of his days to find out how we were doing and making sure that we were as comfortable as family. He exemplifies his position. Kris, Martin, Justin, they are all fantastic associates and wonderful ambasodores for the hotel.
We hope to make it back there soon.
Thank you all for the wonderful time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you back to Pavilion Hotel.

Bishop, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Off season - attending a wedding. Great weather! Hotel is charming. The grounds are immaculate. Good location for getting around. Pleasant staff. Room was large enough without feeling cramped. Softest towels EVER! Only complaint was poor lighting in the vanity area and the room we had didn't have a lot of natural lighting coming in. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Pavilion Hotel on your recent visit to Catalina Island. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

I am pleased to share your review to my entire team. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and recommending our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to Pavilion Hotel on your next visit to Catalina Island.

fairfield, ct
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and two kids (21 and 17) stayed two nights here last week. It's a lovely hotel with island elegance. Check in and check out was a breeze. Our room was fairly standard and plainly decorated but comfortable. The hotel has a nice continental breakfast and wine/cheese tasting (4:30-5:30) daily. The staff, especially at reception, was terrific. Very warm and helpful, they booked our activities for us (a bus tour, casino tour, mini golf) and had helpful information about the island.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room all the way at the back of the hotel, which is near a busy side street.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular, you were delighted with the service provided by my team. Thank you for recognizing our reception team with their extraordinarily service. I will personally share your feedback with them

Centerville, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Enjoyed staying at the Pavillion. It was fun to enjoy the island without the crowds. Breakfast was just okay. Nothing exciting. Never got to so the evening social- could never figure out what time it held at exactally.
The hotel was beautiful- just watch out for a room in the back- which we had. Street sweepers noisey early in the morning and our room was in need of maintance.
Staff very helpful- and loved that we had purchases a package with our stay. Made it fun to had things to do. Would recommend it for anyone. Tours were fun and daughter LOVED the zip line. Tour guides on this were great.

Room Tip: Do not get the standard rooms. At least the one we had need some maintance to it. Looked like othe...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pavilion Hotel and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. While I am very happy to read your positive comments, I would like to extend my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed by your room. Thank you for bringing it to my attention and I will share it with my team.

I trust we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in the near future. I look forward to welcoming you back to the island soon. Thank you for recommending us!

Roberto Perico

Been to Pavilion Hotel? Share your experiences!