“Best meal on the island!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch
San Diego, California
“Best meal on the island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We ate breakfast here and my omelet was the best meal I ate in our three days in Avalon! It was very tasty and perfectly cooked. The potatoes and toast were nice, too. My husband had pancakes and eggs, which were good. Our daughter had French toast, which was also good. Their meals were smaller, so they shared my larger meal. There was no jam at the table and it was busy, so I poured a little of the boysenberry syrup on my sourdough toast... TASTY!

Visited June 2013

California's Wine Coast Country, California
“Great Bloody Marys!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

A local recommended this restaurant for breakfast and it did not disappoint! We sat at the bar, and the bar tender was wonderful. he made excellent Bloody Marys! I ordered the "kids breakfast" for adults, which included bacon, eggs, potatoes and toast. The housemaid salsa is to die for! I would have bought a jar if I could have. Breakfast was standard, but good and service was excellent. Great value too! Would go again for sure!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Long Beach, California
“Ruben”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

BEST lunch in town, I had my favorite and they did it perfectly. Fresh pastrami that was actually juicy- the whole Ruben was just 100% how I'd want it if I made it myself and the owner- our waitress was so sweet! The bloody Mary's were equally on point. My new go-to place is the Pancake Cottage!

Visited May 2013
San Diego, California
“Always good stuff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I've stayed in Avalon many times, over the years, and I ALWAYS eat breakfast at the Pancake Cottage. I almost always have the chicken fried streak and eggs and it is DELISH! I like that they deliver a carafe of coffee to the table and let you refill you cup, whenever necessary. I was recently there on a cruise and the first thing I did was go for breakfast! Full and happy, I wandered around Avalon and reacquainted myself with the town. I look forward to going back, hopefully in the fall, and I'll eat there, as usual, YUM!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Aliso Viejo, California
“great food and prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We ate lunch here and it hit the spot! Huge menu and portion sizes, great food and prices. I had a club sandwich with fries and the husband had a burger, both were great!

Visited March 2013