“Well known but not worth it” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Glendora, California
“Well known but not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

cheap fast food, dirty tables, surly staff all at a very!!!!!
high price.
a veg tostada and a couple of tacos with rice and beans
for $30, really???

Visited August 2012
Billfish55, Manager at Coyote Joe's, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Let me start by thanking you for giving Coyote Joe's a try on your trip to Catalina. I'm sorry you were not happy with the service or the pricing of our food. We strive to give good service and the best Mexican food on the Island. I'm guessing you came in at peak lunch or dinner time. If you were at a dirty table I would have to assume that you walked in and sat yourself without direction. When we are busy we tell people they may take any seat but to plase not sit at a dirty table.
As far as the price goes I'm guessing that you got the bean and cheese tostada which cost $6.75, we don't have an actual veggi tostada. Our number 2 is the taco combo plate, which cost $12.50, so the total comes to $19.25, plus tax, so I'm a little confused by your math. Anyway I'd like to thank you for visiting our little slice of paradise and hope you return again, and possibly give us another try.

San Diego, California
“Nice spot to relax.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Nice waitresses! We had to be quick and eat to be on the boat on time. They had fast service.

Visited July 2012
Avalon, California
“Great service and BOMB POSOLE!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

They have a great atmosphere and amazing posole! They also have TACO TUESDAY!

Visited June 2012
phoenix az
“It was a nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The food was good for Mexican food we had enchiladas for dinner and rice & beans.You did not need reservations to get in like some of the other restaurants Thank Joni Law

Visited May 2012
Perris, California
“Food Good..coffee awful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Had breakfast with my husband. Food not bad. My husband had some coffee and he said it was very bad. Serving size good though.

Visited May 2012