“It couldn't possibly be worse!” 2 of 5 stars

+1 530-888-8492
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Monkey Cat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 127 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American, Bar, Continental, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cherry
Description: We have a large indoor dinning area, complete with bar & lounge. When the weather is nice, enjoy our outdoor patio. For larger groups, parties, business meetings and such we have a banquet room for rental throughout the whole year!
Sacramento, California
“It couldn't possibly be worse!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Some colleges and I dropped in one evening after work for drinks. It was nice, drinks were good, and appetizers ok. I was excited to share a new dining experience with my partner so we made reservations on a Saturday night. We were seated at a window seat (nice) and immediately greeted by our server. I asked for a glass of water while we perused the menu. We both selected from the evening specials and ordered a bottle of wine. I asked for a glass of water again. The wine showed up about 5 minutes before dinner was served. It was disappointing, however nothing compared with the disappointment with the dinner that followed. I ordered a fish meal, my partner a pasta. My fish was dry. It was burned, literally, on the bottom. My partners meal was awful as well. I couldn't eat mine and would have asked to have another meal prepared except we couldn't get the server's attention and by the time she meandered over we'd already waited 20 minutes. When she asked if I wanted a 'doggie bag' I declined, but said I'd still love that glass of water...

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ashley95603, Manager at Monkey Cat, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Hi! We are so sorry to hear you had such a poor time when you last visited us. There has been many changes in the year since, and we invite you to come try us out again. We have a new menu, and an amazing staff. Hope that you'll try us again! Thanks!

Sacramento CA Area
“Delightful and Delicious Taste Treats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

The Beverages: Perfect pours of drinks that tasted like they actually contained alcohol and not just a pass over of a mister. The dinners were perfect. We arrived early so we took advantage of a Meat Loaf special that included salad and appetizers. Everything was fresh, moist and flavorful. The Fliet was cooked to medium rare as requested and accompanying vegetables of green beans and potatoes were excellent. The Rocky Road Cake and Tiramisu were equally as great with the taste of rich chocolate and coffee liqueurs. Elaine was a perfect server, no rushes, pushes, or complaints.

• Visited September 2011
Auburn
“Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We live in Auburn and this is our favorite top- notch restaurant! We always take our out of town friends and family to this place. The food is five-star gourmet thanks to their REAL chef (as apposed to a cook). Service is warm, friendly and on top of it. Love, love, love!

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Beautiful place, food, and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

We arrived at 6:00 on a Friday w/no reservations but we were seated instantly on the patio. We had a great waitress and it was beautiful and cool on the patio.

We had the stuffed portobello and a nice martini too! My sister had the flat iron steak which was amazing and my sister in law and I shared the special which was grilled mahi mahi...delicious!

Service was above and beyond good and we had a bonus of a nice gentleman who had a private party in the room off the patio who brought two trays of appetizers and shared them w/all the guests eating on the patio! Local people as our waitress was were just a sweet treat, we will be back!

U S A
“Great Food And Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

Wonderful little gem, great food. Wonderful for entire family or a romantic evening. Wonderful artwork throughout.