“Consistantly good” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
merced, United States
“Consistantly good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Have stayed here about 8 to 10 times. Always stay a night to or from Reno. Property is always well maintaned. Exterior, rooms, lobby and breakfast area. . Greeted by same people for the last 3 years. Had some noisy neighbors one time and the lady at the desk had them quieted down within 5 minutes! Great restuarant (LaBontes) right next door.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Grass Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in February for a business trip and stayed one night. I came in April to for pleasure and checked out hotels again for my stay. I was considering staying at a cheaper hotel but decided to stick to what I know and I know I can count on a clean, comfortable stay at this hotel and Best Western in general. I really liked it that their pool was covered to keep it warmer for night swimming and that they had a hot tub, both which I used.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lynn L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Golden Key, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
I am so glad to read that our hotel has turned out to be the hotel of your choice when you are in the area. I am pleased to read that our covered heated pool meet your needs when you were swimming later in the evening and we hope to see you soon.
Marin county, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

It is amazing that there is a hotel with a heated outdoor pool and spa when there is snow on the ground. Nice swim towels were available. The grounds were nicely landscaped for an area that has cold temperatures. We could see this from our room. My biggest complaint was that there not many choices of protein for breakfast. The rooms were nicely painted but the comforter may be due for replacement. We slept well and there were ample pillows.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am so happy to read that you enjoyed our heated pool when you were staying with us last. We planned to remodel our pool and surface area, but due to the drought, have postponed the fiber-glassing of the inside of the pool and the resurfacing of the pool area until late October, early November, so that our guests can enjoy it during the Spring and Summer Months. W e look forward to your return in the near future.
Yakima, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

The office staff was very friendly and helpful! The rooms are basic but clean and the breakfast was better than average continental style. The highway noise is significant but for the money, it's a good deal. We will stay there again when visiting family in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
San Marcos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I stayed here for a few days at the end of March. The BWGK isn't some big swanky resort but more of a roadside type hotel. The thing I can say was for the money and the area this was a good place to stay. The room was very clean and pretty basic. Flat screen, Mini fridge, microwave, iron, etc. The bed was a little soft for my taste but i like a very firm bed, but it was fine. There was a little road noise due to being close to the freeway but not real bad. The bathroom was really clean and plenty of room but pretty plain. I didn't get to see the pool. The breakfast was a basic continental type with waffles, cereal, fruit, sweet rolls, oatmeal packs, hard boiled eggs, coffee, and juice. In the lobby there was a computer that I used to print out my boarding pass. Also complimentary wifi that seemed to work ok. Again the BWGK got the job done for what I needed and the staff was friendly. I'll definitely stay here again when I get back to that area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

We have family in the area and have stayed in this hotel for the last 10 years whenever we come to visit. This place never disappoints! Location next to a grocery store, fast food, casual dining and Ikeda's makes it even more appealing. The front desk is very friendly, helpful and accommodating. I love all the flowers planted around the property. The one downside is their hot breakfast is very limited. Overall, a great experience.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am so glad to read that you enjoyed our gardens. Our gardener Kate does a fantastic job and our guests are always asking for the names of the plants she uses,so we have small identification tags on them now. We hope to see you again when you are in town visiting your family.
santa barbara, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Very nice front desk staff both in the evening and morning. Very helpful in advising some local sights with what were were looking to see and experience. Nice to see a Mac for guest to use. We did not get a chance to use the pool facilities as we got in late from a long trip accross Nev.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am very happy to read that my staff was able to help you with the local site information and that you liked our guest lobby computer when you stayed with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Been to BEST WESTERN Golden Key? Share your experiences!