Chose it for a one-night stay on a holiday family visit. At a glance, the Best Western Golden Key seems a typical American motel. Good first impression made by reception staff – fast, efficient, courteous, even on a busy holiday. Got the exact room I asked for at the promised price (a special discount price at that). The room was good sized and CLEAN, right down to the TV remote. (Tons of free channels btw.) Decor is simple and pleasant. Bathroom is spacious with decent towels. The usual shampoos, but toothpaste? Just ask at the desk for that or other forgotten basics, all for free. They even have a "useful" binder of community information, best I've seen. Nice sized swimming pool and hot tub, which in most places get covered and shut by the October. Here, they have an inflated dome for enjoying a nice winter swim. For sleep, the king-size bed was welcoming and little noise from the near-by interstate intruded. (The farther away from it the better, of course.) The stay ended with breakfast. The selection was what you would expect with fresh made waffles the winner. Check out was smooth and quick, and off we went. A lot of little things to like, and not a single off note. A very well run motel. We will be back on the next holiday visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at this pet-friendly Auburn, California hotel located near Historic Old Town Auburn, the American River Nature Recreation Area and the Marshall Gold Discovery State Park. Welcome to the BEST WESTERN Golden Key, located in the heart of Auburn, California. Guests will be close to a variety of outdoor activities including the Raspberry Hill Black Oaks golf course, Turkey Creek golf course, the American River Nature Recreation Area and Squaw Valley Ski Resort. The BEST WESTERN Golden Key features 68 spaciously-appointed guest rooms each complete with a microwave, refrigerator, cable television and high-speed Internet access. Guests will wake each morning to a complimentary continental breakfast featuring freshly made waffles. Additional amenities include a year round heated swimming pool and hot tub, a beautiful garden and lawn area perfect for barbeques, a putting green and meeting facilities. Pets are welcome. This Auburn hotel is close to a variety of area attractions including wine tasting, local museums, the American River, the Empire Mine and Sacramento, the state's capital. Guests will find great white water rafting, horseback riding and biking trails nearby. The BEST WESTERN Golden Key is also close to local events such as antique street fairs, the Mandarin Orange Festival and the Christmas Festival of Lights Parade. For superior customer service and a convenient Auburn, California location make a reservation at the BEST WESTERN Golden Key today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Golden Key reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Golden Key Hotel Auburn
- Best Western Auburn
- Best Western Hotel Auburn
- Auburn Best Western