“Comfortable relaxed stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
San Francisco, California
“Comfortable relaxed stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We stayed here one night after Thanksgiving to visit nearby family - first time visitors. Good location, comfortable, quiet. Liked the convenience of being near everything but did not hear the freeway traffic at all. Indoor pool was warm and fun (a luxury to swim when it was so cold out) and the breakfast had plenty of food options for my spouse (although I have food allergies so I brought my own gluten-free oatmeal). Front desk service was friendly and helpful. All around a great stay and I love that they are pet-friendly as next time we may need to bring our dog.

Room Tip: We faced the freeway and were on the lower level and there was no freeway noise. Room 112 I believe...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Lynn L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Golden Key, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete one of these reviews about our hotel. I am so glad to see that our hotel and my staff lived up to your expectations and I do hope you will be returning soon with your pet. We provide a special "Pet Treat Bag" at check-in with pick-up bags, gloves, and treats and have a wonderful lawn area to play with your dog, or directions to the great Dog- Park very close-by .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fairfield, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

The staff is friendly and helpful and the property was nice. The bathrooms are very nice sized with plenty of room. I thought it was great that they provided a cover for the outdoor pool so it could be comfortably enjoyed during the fall and winter. The breakfast was waffles and small sweet pastries only. Some protein would have been nice if even a hard-boiled egg. We didn't eat there as we have a diabetic in the family. They have a very lovely lawn area opposite the office, but there is a sign that states no dogs on lawn please. They have no other area designated for dogs so I don't quite understand this. So, yes, you can bring your dog and stay the night, but there is no place for your dog to be a dog other than the Burger King parking lot next door and the backside of the strip mall across the street. I have stayed at the Best Western in Shasta which is much more dog friendly with a designated lawn area for your dog. I would stay here again if I didn't have my dog and would prepare to eat elsewhere.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Lynn L, Manager at BEST WESTERN Golden Key, responded to this review, December 14, 2011
First I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. I am sorry you did not understand that the signs on our lawn are to discourage customers at the Burger King from using our lawn area as a park. The doggie treat bag you should have received when you checked in, along with the treats, disposable gloves and pick up bags had a note explaining that we know our guests are responsible pet owners and that the signs are not for them and that they are welcome to play with their pets on the lawn. I also apologize for your not knowing that we had hard boiled eggs and yogurt included in our complimentary breakfast and my staff would have been happy to help you. I hope this has cleared up any misunderstandings and I hope you will return to stay with us again in the near future.
Northern Sierras, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Great place to stay in Auburn. Friendly staff, nice greeting at check in and check out. Clean room and good breakfast. Didn't feel like having a burger at Ikeda's so we went to a new restaurant next door, Joe's Caribe Bistro, it was very good! Close to Raley's market for grocery needs. Will be back when we are in Auburn again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Roseburg, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We were treated with the best hospitality we have ever seen in a Best Western.
The service was extremely courteous and helpful.
All the help we needed was provided, no problems with anything!
When we return to Auburn will stay here again. Thanks very much!

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms with no smoking are the best.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Madera
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

We visit Auburn frequently but this was our first stay at the Best Western Golden Key. Everything from the ease of check-in, the very clean room, exceptionally friendly staff, the very good breakfast to the quick/efficient check-out was great. Our request for a room away from the street noise was granted and we had a wonderful night's rest. This will definitely be our "home" when we are in the Auburn area again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

This hotel was a last thought as I didn't know I would be in this area. I have stayed in Best Westerns before and was not that impressed. This one is a true winner!!!!!!! I have not seen many 5 star hotels as clean as this one. Updated spacious rooms with all amenities including cable and flat screen TVs. The owner/manager/clerks could not be nicer or do enough for me. Upon check-in they asked if I minded a room with an adjoining door since they observed that I was alone. They also said they would keep the adjoining room unoccupied if possible. Breakfast was wonderful with plenty of choices - even 2 choices for waffles sizes! Wireless worked without flaw. Easy on and off to Rt 80. Can't go wrong here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Windsor, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

This is a well maintained hotel, grounds were lovley, rooms were very clean. We were traveling with our dogs and they were very accommodating they had a bag with cookies and pick up bags. I was very happy with everything. It comes with breakfast and it was way more than just cereal. There were waffles, fruit, yogurt assorted pastry. Coffee, tea , juice and milk. Prior reviews stated noisy, yet we did not hear the freeway and for a full hotel it was very quiet. We would stay again. All the staff was friendly from making the reservation to check out.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Golden Key? Share your experiences!