“Convenient Chinese to I80” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 127 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: Chinese
Meadow Vista, California
“Convenient Chinese to I80”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I owe this place an apology. I ate here about 6 years ago, didn't care for the entree and have been putting it down since that time. They survived despite my evil tongue. Recently I heard good recommendations for their food so I came back.

I had lunch there a month ago and again last weekend. I'm impressed, very competent Chinese food. I started both meals with Hot & Sour Soup, it's very good with all the things that are supposed to be there. A very full bowl with lots of ingredients.

Chicken Curry last month, Orange Chicken this month. both flavorful and well prepared. Rice or an option of Chow Mein for an additional $1 round out the lunch plate along with a Cheese Wonton & Egg Roll. Filling & tasty. All this for under $9.00 on the lunch special.

On the dinner menu there are a few Dinner Combination plates for under $12 which alleviates the problem of having a varied meal when dining alone. Not having to eat just one thing or having a lot of leftovers to take home after dinner is appreciated when dining alone.

The restaurant is just a couple of doors down from Raley's at the Foresthill Exit, right next to the freeway the location should appeal to the passing motorist as well as the shopping locals.

I wondered if the place had changed hands since I first visited and asked how long the current owners had been there. I was told 18 years. They sure must have been doing something right to have lasted that long. Looks like my early visit was just an off day for me, the restaurant seems to be doing just fine.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Meadow Vista California
“Our Go To Take Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We live in Meadow Vista which is about 12 minutes from Szechuan Restaurant. We keep their menu at home. We can call in an order, hang up the phone, get in the car, and the order will be ready when we get there. I like the Walnut Prawns and the Pot Stickers is a generous order of 8. We haven't had a dish we didn't like. Always a reliable choice. We've also eaten in a couple of times and service is also great, as expected.

• Visited July 2013