“Always Great- One of my local favorites” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 140 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Sacramento, California
“Always Great- One of my local favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

We come here about twice a month. We both have the Caveman sandwich with beer battered fries. We relax in the bar area which is nice, and have a favorite waitress that we get all the time, who is very friendly. The only thing is that one night a week there is live music, which is great, but its REALLY LOUD, and not what I come there for. I usually move to the restaurant part of the place on those days. Other than that, I love coming here. My other local favorite is Old Town Pizza in downtown Auburn, which for some reason is not on here. It is right underneath Awful Annie's and has the best pizza!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Auburn, California
“Ok, but we're not really impressed. Tried it 2x, won't go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

The food wasnt bad, it just didnt have much taste to it.

We went the first time right after they opened. I had the salmon, my husband had ribs. The salmon was not fresh and tasted bland. The ribs were ok but my husband wasnt raving about them.

We just went again last night to try again, hoping the first time was a fluke. I had the Tilapia (cajun) and my husband had ribs and chicken. The chicken was dry and bland. The ribs, again were just "ok". My Tilapia was supposed to be cajun but not only did it not have any spicyness to it, it was totally bland. Salad was good, roasted veggies were good. The side of garlic mashed potatoes didnt have any garlic taste to them.

The price would be ok if the food was really good, but it wasnt. We won't be returning.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Auburn
“Yummy Ribs and Desserts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

Been there 4 times and love it. Great fit for Auburn and a wide choice menu. The ribs are to die for and the pulled pork is great also. My wife likes the salads and my son likes the pizza, its a new york style pizza. I had the oakfire cut and it was great for the price. I would recommend that you try it once, we did and have been going back every week.
Try the carrot cake, off the hook! Only need one, feeds three or your taking it home.

Been to Sierra Smokehouse? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Sierra Smokehouse, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.