“Good Thai for Gold country” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 127 Restaurants in Auburn
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Opened a few months ago
San Jose, California
“Good Thai for Gold country”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Hard to get fresh and good Thai in the Auburn area. I have found this is the best. The papaya salad was excellent and you can order as spicy as you'd like.

Visited April 2014

Truckee, CA
“Excellent service, good Thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here on a Saturday so only dinner portions to chose from. They weren't very busy, service was excellent. We happen to be in Auburn for lunch and chose this restaurant due to its location and trip advisor reviews. If you've read any of my other reviews you'd notice we love Thai food, so on that note this was good Thai food. We would definatly eat here again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
rocklin
“Tasty Thai and good beer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

It is always a treat to enjoy lunch or dinner. My boyfriend and I enjoy the food, as it's one of the best Thai places I've experienced. They have quite a beer selection and it's one if my favorite places in auburn. Mmmmmmm!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nevada City
“Meh.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Friends think this is the best Thai place they've ever been to. When we went with them, we enjoyed it, but it was by no means the best Thai food we'd ever had. We went back a few days ago and this visit confirmed our suspicion: This place is OK, at best. It's a good location, on a busy street, with limited parking out front. The inside is nicely decorated.

We stood at the desk for about seven minutes while the two women took care of business but totally ignored us. No greeting, no nothing. Never a good idea.

When we were seated, we waited ten minutes - ignored again - before we got a menu and water.

The food was adequate. I had the green papaya salad, which was nice, and the pad thai, ditto, but soggy, with not enough bean sprouts to give it any life, and no limes to squeeze over it. I asked for them but they never arrived.

My husband ordered something reputed to be the most popular dish inThailand. It had one red pepper next to it in the menu. When it came, there was no spice at all. None. And no flavor. Nothing blended. We asked the server and she said that the pepper icon was their recommendation, but it isn't seasoned unless you ask for that. Totally a waste of money and hunger.

We have some nice Thai restaurants in our community, so we won't be back.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
NO CALIF
“The Garden Revisited”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

One of the most amazing things about this restaurant is that their food is always delicious! When ever I bring a new guest to the Thai Garden, my guests are always pleased. I have taken friends who have never tasted Thai Food and they are pleasantly surprised. Nu Bookman always surprises me with some new dishes. The prices are always reasonable. His desserts will surprise you especially the fried bananas and coconut ice cream. Exquisite!

• Visited March 2014