“Bates Motel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Foothills Motel

Foothills Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Auburn
Foothills Motel
You added Foothills Motel to your Saves list
13431 Bowman Road, Auburn, CA 95603   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
“Bates Motel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I was hoping for a quaint hotel. What I got was the set of Bates Motel. There is no remote control for the TV, the air conditioner doesn't work. There was a scary rattling coming from the floor air vent. There were blood stains on the Mattress. The sheets don't fit the bed. If your staying to far from the main building, you don't get Wi Fi. Also, the non smoking rooms reeked of cigarette smoke. We were told that. The patio furniture was stolen. The pool, jacuzzi, and bowling alley were all closed. When asked about a place for good food, we were directed to Denny's! I know for a fact there are a lot better places to eat around here. And now I know there are much better places to stay around here also. Don't stay here!!!!

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Anderson, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Looks quaint from the outside, beautiful pine trees nice pool, but the first room we were given was very sub-standard. Stains on side of mattress, and sheets had visably not been changed. . We were given another room which was a little better, cleaner. Cannot recommmed this establishment at all. Very bad example for the Auburn, which we love.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sparks, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

When arrived to this nicely kept place and was greeted with a smile. Checking in was comforable and the desk clerk talked to us about the area and local sites that would be good to see "Foothills Bridge" the third tallest bridge in the states. Check in was fast and once we arrived to our room it had a comforable king size bed in the room an it was very clean. This place is great the veiws are awesome and it was all around a great stay. The pool and hot tub both very clean and was a great touch on this hot day. We would stay here again no doubt!!!!!!!

Room Tip: They offer deluxe rooms which are located on the right side of the motel overlooking their pool you...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I saw the big neon sign in front and thought I'd give this place a shot. I needed a place to crash and I was tired. Now granted, this isn't the Waldorf Astoria, but it was a well kept, older motel that reminded me of road trips from when I was a kid. The AC worked well (very important for me), the room was reasonably clean and comfortable, and the stay was quiet and relaxing. I am sure some would say it's dated, but to me, that is a big part of what I like about it. The room rate was very reasonable, the lady at the front desk was friendly. Plus, the town of Auburn is a neat old gold rush town and worth checking out if you have the time. Anyway, I liked the place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Sparks, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

As I was traveling I noticed this motel atop a hill so decided to give it a try. At arrival I was greeted and welcomed warmly by the desk clerk. She was able to check me in very fast and get me right to my room. The room I stayed in was very retro and cute nice king size bed and I felt as though I was right at home. In the morning there was another girl working that also was very kind and greeted me the provide coffee and danish nothing fancy but then again this isnt the hilton either. I would stay here again and recommend it to family and friends. Nice location right off of highway 80 and lots of food places located around it and what better then a bowling alley right next door. This is just a awesome place to stay we loved it!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for one of their deluxe rooms. That is what the desk clerk told us we was staying in and only co...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Auburn, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

This is a place that would rather steal $250 than earn $1500, I paid for a week and after two days I was called to go to WA. to repair power lines after a storm, I said that I would be back and asked for a refund or credit, they said that they didn't give refunds or credits. Bates motel from Hell.

Room Tip: find a real place to stay
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Capitola CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I was on my way back from Reno to San Jose at night. Late, dark, cold and this hotel is very convenient to the Interstate exit, both arriving and departing. Quite old, but kept in reasonable repair and clean. Plenty of towels. Shower head was primitive, but hot water was fine. Numbered parking space in front of room is nice. I stay in this kind of place when I travel alone, but would never bring my wife here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Foothills Motel? Share your experiences!