“Not too shabby..Good value with a cool side of retro.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Foothills Motel

Foothills Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Auburn
Foothills Motel
You added Foothills Motel to your Saves list
13431 Bowman Road, Auburn, CA 95603   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
California
“Not too shabby..Good value with a cool side of retro.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I saw the big neon sign in front and thought I'd give this place a shot. I needed a place to crash and I was tired. Now granted, this isn't the Waldorf Astoria, but it was a well kept, older motel that reminded me of road trips from when I was a kid. The AC worked well (very important for me), the room was reasonably clean and comfortable, and the stay was quiet and relaxing. I am sure some would say it's dated, but to me, that is a big part of what I like about it. The room rate was very reasonable, the lady at the front desk was friendly. Plus, the town of Auburn is a neat old gold rush town and worth checking out if you have the time. Anyway, I liked the place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sparks, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

As I was traveling I noticed this motel atop a hill so decided to give it a try. At arrival I was greeted and welcomed warmly by the desk clerk. She was able to check me in very fast and get me right to my room. The room I stayed in was very retro and cute nice king size bed and I felt as though I was right at home. In the morning there was another girl working that also was very kind and greeted me the provide coffee and danish nothing fancy but then again this isnt the hilton either. I would stay here again and recommend it to family and friends. Nice location right off of highway 80 and lots of food places located around it and what better then a bowling alley right next door. This is just a awesome place to stay we loved it!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for one of their deluxe rooms. That is what the desk clerk told us we was staying in and only co...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Auburn, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

This is a place that would rather steal $250 than earn $1500, I paid for a week and after two days I was called to go to WA. to repair power lines after a storm, I said that I would be back and asked for a refund or credit, they said that they didn't give refunds or credits. Bates motel from Hell.

Room Tip: find a real place to stay
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Capitola CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I was on my way back from Reno to San Jose at night. Late, dark, cold and this hotel is very convenient to the Interstate exit, both arriving and departing. Quite old, but kept in reasonable repair and clean. Plenty of towels. Shower head was primitive, but hot water was fine. Numbered parking space in front of room is nice. I stay in this kind of place when I travel alone, but would never bring my wife here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
FLAGSTAFF
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

This motel was built in the 1950's and all the rooms are on one level. The rooms are clean and each has an assigned parking place. It is located near the bowling alley and several restaurants and directly across the freeway from a shopping center with a grocery store and laundromat. Each room has a microwave and refrigerator. Every room has a small enclosed patio area. Pretty basic, but the price is right. All the other motels in Auburn are grossly overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011 via mobile

I liked the rooms and the nice location next to the pool with a nice lawn. I was however concerned about the people hanging around. It seems the people operating the place have friends hanging around and they seem to party there. If there was a change with management I would definitely go back. And the phones were still not working when I was there.

• Stayed June 2011
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011 via mobile

The service sucks! I stayed here because the best western across the street was full. Upon check in they handed me a remote. There was 3 people in my party I requested a room with 2 bed they charged me for 2 when we went to the room only one bed. That would be awkward. Went back to the office they needed all of my credit card info again took another 20 mins to sort it out because the lady behind the counter was way to busy talking to her daughter in the office to deal with it. Acted as if it was my fault. The phones don't work. I guess there is tenats here one of them had a dog that ran up to us several times my husband woul bend down to pet the dog and look for a tag thinking it was lost. A very ragged looking lady yelled at him asked if it was his dog he said no and then she started screaming at the dog calling it. I told her he was just being polite she yelled at me to mind my own business. I addressed to the office they didn't care. At night the heater blazed at what felt like 95 no way to turn it off. I went to the office again no one was there I rang a bell to be met by a sleepy lady who told me nothing can be done about it. And gave me a little lecture about I wasn't supposed to ring the bell her child was sleeping. I can feel for her but seriously?? I am not supposed to get any kind of service because you child is sleeping??? I am sorry, this place looks like is houses crackheads and prostitutes they should rent it out buy the hour so everyone else would know what to expect.

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Foothills Motel? Share your experiences!