“Clean rooms, nice location, not sure about the people that the management has hanging around.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Foothills Motel

Foothills Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Auburn
Foothills Motel
Save Saved
You added Foothills Motel to your Saves list
13431 Bowman Road, Auburn, CA 95603   |
Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in Auburn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011 via mobile

I liked the rooms and the nice location next to the pool with a nice lawn. I was however concerned about the people hanging around. It seems the people operating the place have friends hanging around and they seem to party there. If there was a change with management I would definitely go back. And the phones were still not working when I was there.

• Stayed June 2011

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011 via mobile

The service sucks! I stayed here because the best western across the street was full. Upon check in they handed me a remote. There was 3 people in my party I requested a room with 2 bed they charged me for 2 when we went to the room only one bed. That would be awkward. Went back to the office they needed all of my credit card info again took another 20 mins to sort it out because the lady behind the counter was way to busy talking to her daughter in the office to deal with it. Acted as if it was my fault. The phones don't work. I guess there is tenats here one of them had a dog that ran up to us several times my husband woul bend down to pet the dog and look for a tag thinking it was lost. A very ragged looking lady yelled at him asked if it was his dog he said no and then she started screaming at the dog calling it. I told her he was just being polite she yelled at me to mind my own business. I addressed to the office they didn't care. At night the heater blazed at what felt like 95 no way to turn it off. I went to the office again no one was there I rang a bell to be met by a sleepy lady who told me nothing can be done about it. And gave me a little lecture about I wasn't supposed to ring the bell her child was sleeping. I can feel for her but seriously?? I am not supposed to get any kind of service because you child is sleeping??? I am sorry, this place looks like is houses crackheads and prostitutes they should rent it out buy the hour so everyone else would know what to expect.

• Stayed May 2011

Travelers are raving about these Auburn hotels

Rocklin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

we recently decided to take a get away and this was the first place that caught our attention. we liked the older look of it and it was quiet and a well rounded place. i like that the people are just normal people and not just doing there job. they actually make you feel at home and talk to you like a human. they treat you with respect and give what they get.
while i was waiting in the lobby a lady came in and the clerk was being as nice as can be then the lady began to be extremely rude so the clerk gave her what she gave back.
people need to realize that you get what you give!
I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Santa Rosa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

My wife and I have been here several times in the last 20 years. Yes, it's old and yes the central heating is old and yes sometimes things are broken. But we like old funky motels and we like this place for the most part.......until now. Unfortunately our last experience was poor service and no phone service. My wife checked us in as I was comatose from a 13 hour drive across Nevada. The young women behind the counter was unprofessional, not attentive and unfriendly according to my wife. When I tried to call out for food, the phone didn't work. I tried to dial the front desk but no answer. My trip to the office didn't go well. The young women pretty much told me I should have known the phones were out at it was clearly posted in the office and that I was dialing the wrong number to call the office and that I should have known as well. I had not been in the office and the phone in our room clearly said to dial zero and not what ever number she said I was supposed to dial. I found her to be rude and combative and very unprofessional.
Had she taken her eyes off of what ever captured her attention on the computer or attempted a civil conversation behind her hoody, she may have seen a very tired and haggard traveler and some kindness may have resulted but alas she suffers from what ails so many.
My attempts to complain the next day were met with extreme resistance by 2 other persons who had read the night persons log and had absolutely no interest in hearing my grievance. They seemed very interested in telling me how rude I was even as I attempted to be civil. It seemed important for them to tell me the young women had what I can only assume were good excuses to explain her behavior and yet no regard for a very tired and haggard traveler.
Had she any people skills, that would have been apparent. But since none of them seemed capable of eye contact much less a professional attitude regarding their job, it was useless to continue our conversation. Hopefully, a letter to the owner and triple AAA will result in positive changes.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010 via mobile

After 2 hours at a nearby "chain" motel, I asked for and received a full refund because of the horrendous noises coming from other rooms in the "modern" but cheaply built structure. Here the staff was welcoming and admirably professional! For less money than I paid for the "nightmare" room, I got a spacious, immaculate, comfortable quiet room with a private patio for me and my dog. What's not to love? My dog and I settled right down here with all the amenities I could possibly want in a serene and relaxing environment. This is true quality, and I'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2010
Abuurn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

My family members from all over the U.S. stayed here for our family reunion. It was an embarrassing reflection on Auburn. Although the rooms are clean and nice looking, my sister noticed that there was not a clock radio or towels. When she went to call the front desk, the phone didn't work! Yikes, I can see a thing or two, but this is ridiculous. I will not recommend this place to anyone, and I had such high hopes for it.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

A ground level older property, but grounds are well maintained in proximity to many venues. Rooms provide the minimal basic requirements with microwave, fridge, free parking, balconies. We've stayed here several times in the past & elected to book several rooms for a couple of nights at this property for the special group rate offered.

Special confirmed rates were not honored, no housekeeping service provided the last night, beds obstructing heater & other issues. Despite concerns addressed to Management, no resolution was provided to redeem themselves for us to recommend nor return to this property. A disappointment for us and embarrassment to others for recommending this property.

• Stayed January 2010

Been to Foothills Motel? Share your experiences!