“ELEGANT BED AND BREAKFAST” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$99 Summer Special!!
Ranked #1 of 2 Auburn B&B and Inns
Roseville, California
“ELEGANT BED AND BREAKFAST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

As we approach this exceptional edifice, we are excited about visiting such an elegant and exceptionally restored Victorian of 1898. We are greeted and shown to our first floor room.This
choice was due to my limited walking ability.The quality of the restoration of the rooms is remarkable and all details are accurate, well done and decorated with period pieces. We roamed the main rooms and enjoyed learning the "Power's" history with photos, accents and seeing the beautful settings for the teas that are part of the service offered. Breakfast and dinners are served a block away at the Power Club pub and brewery. Good beer sampling and
a buffet ended the day. Breakfast starts at 9am and ample servings of Quiche, sausage, bacon,a scone, potatoes are served with fresh OJ and coffee. Fun time on our anniversary!

Room Tip: look at the pictures on their site and ask the location
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We arrived at the Power's Mansion Inn, greeted by Rodney, the desk clerk. He was friendly, nice, informational and kept us entertained with his wit and charm. A real addition to the ambiance of this old charming mansion. Period furnishings that are quaint enough to give this home it's charm. Dinner at the pub had good food and the employees were attentive and helpful. The 101 beers on tap was impressive to say the least - something for everyone. Breakfast the next morning was very good. Served by the owner himself. This impressed my husband and I as he was friendly and interested in his customers. All in all, this was a place in the town to get together with friends for the weekend during the Christmas celebrations in Auburn. We enjoyed our stay there.

Mountain View, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

We stayed in this place for three nights and the only reason we did not move out earlier was that we could not find any other place on a short notice. The Power's Mansion Inn is very badly run. Sometimes it felt like nobody is looking after this place. The room was dirty and dusty, the interior was worn out and very cheaply done. Simple things like extra towels, extra blankets, soap, were not supplied. The room service was practically absent. On the first time they did not even show up and on the second day they did not empty the waste basket and did not vacuum the carpet. The breakfast was not served in the mansion, but in the pub owned by the same owner. The quality of the food was nothing even close to "gourmet". Positive reviews on this business were either outdated or not honest. We were lured in this substandard place by a completely false advertisement. Save your vacation and your money and do not stay in the Power's Mansion Inn.

Room Tip: Just stay away from this place
nevada city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

We live 45 minutes from our house in Nevada City, CA to Auburn, CA and booked a room at Powers Mansion Inn to celebrate my birthday and to explore Old Town Auburn as well as the downtown area. I booked the room but my wife wanted better outside access to take our dog out.
Management was very happy to accommodate our needs. The mansion was built in the end of the 1800's so the rooms are individually different so if the one you booked is not for you just ask for a change if available. We were happy with our room and slept well. The Inn has an Irish pub next door and it offers 110 different hand crafted beers brewed in the pub building. We tried several and they were wonderful.
Alfred, the owner personally cooked a wonderful breakfast for the guests at 9AM. Alfred is a very friendly and personable fellow with a very interesting background. We enjoyed talking to him and to Allen, his brother-in-law. The interesting downtown area is just one block away and has several good restaurants. Old Town is an easy 1 mile walk or an easy drive. We had a good time at breakfast talking to other guests and they were all very interesting.
We had such a good time we look forward to retuning. The Mansion reminded us of B&Bs we visited in England.

Room Tip: Check several rooms to suit your needs and desires. Call and ask questions about room features.
Auburn, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Had our office Christmas Party hosted by Alfred. This was our second year. The first was great but this surpassed it. Alfred arranged the food to our specifications and it was delicious and plentiful served buffet style per our request.
He and his staff were very attentive though not intrusive. We even had a lovely area arranged for our gift exchange. Overall excellent. We'll be back for our next office party!

• Stayed December 2013
Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stay here and you will find out that this place is not reported as advertised on ANY web site controlled by Powers Mansion of Auburn, California and by some of the reported top notch reviews. We have stayed in hotels and motels across this country and NEVER experienced such blatant misrepresentation of the facts concerning the accommodations or services offered. The worst reviews you come across concerning this place are extremely accurate and spot on. I wanted to keep this review short and warn others to stay away until Alfred gets things in order and repairs the obvious broken window latches, dirty carpets, dirty arm pads on the lobby sofas, etc. Not to mention the lousy guest services...just too much to list. The food served was NOT at the B&B, but at the bar around the corner. It was not gourmet food, but tasted like fast food, and we had to help ourselves to food served at a buffet, like you find at Hometown Buffet. After arriving at this place we were stunned! We arrived on Sunday and left on Tuesday this past weekend. My wife and I agreed to be positive and hope for the best, though our gut feelings told us to take the financial loss and run from this place (we aren't rich so the money needed to stay elsewhere was not there). We drove 3 hours to get to this place and it was already early evening. But against all better judgment, we stayed and tried to make it fun, light, and romantic. I am still reeling from anger as to how I let myself be bamboozled to stay the entire 3 days and 2 nights at this place. I wish I had left and just drove back home. I am still disgusted by my experience, holding back to say what I really want to. STAY AWAY from this place until Alfred cleans up the place and fixes things up. Alfred was nice if you asked the right questions and snapped back rudely if we asked him something he did not like, making us feel like we were idiots. My wife and I are easy going and are not the confrontational type. And we never let on to Alfred as to how disgusted we were. Yeah, good beer, BUT beware of this DIRTY and DISGUSTING place. Wow! I can't believe myself. In all my 38 years of staying at places while traveling, I thought I would never give such a negative review. Just typing this out is causing me the deep anxiety and stress i felt staying there. YUCK!

Room Tip: Stay out the HONEYMOON suite.
Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This place is a huge disappointment. When going to a B&B, you pay for the little extras. This place has zero. Its a dump. The room was filthy. Run down, nothing nice at all. Broken lamp, saggy bed, dirty walls. Had a fireplace but had to ask for logs. Bathroom disgusting with holes in linoleum. I won't even get into the bathtub situation. The gourmet breakfast was a joke at the owners bar/restaurant around the corner. We had drunks sreaming the f word until 1:30. Six car alarms went off that same night. No rest or relaxation on this trip. My wife had never been to a B&B and I had told her how wonderful they are. I have never had a bad experience with one until now. They have a nice tea room and a kitchen but they do nothing with it for it's guest. Just another way for them to make money and neglect their guests. The grass there is bad astrturf. No coffee in the kitchen, no service, the owner/mgr was never around. Don't waste your money at this place. I regret I did.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Holiday Inn Auburn
Super 8 Auburn
Super 8 Auburn
#4 of 7 in Auburn
3.0 of 5 stars 117 reviews

Been to Power's Mansion Inn? Share your experiences!