“Superb Party and Overnight stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$99 Summer Special!!
Ranked #1 of 2 Auburn B&B and Inns
Roseville, California
“Superb Party and Overnight stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our whole family stayed a night at the Power's Mansion Inn and celebrated an 80th birthday. We had dinner in the evening and brunch in the morning. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the food, the service provided by Alfred Lee and his staff, and the accommodations at the hotel were top notch. We would rcommend the Power's Mansion Inn and the Power Club restaurant and would go back again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We received this weekend as a gift from our niece. Before going I read the reviews. There was one particular review that almost stopped me from going. I don't know what planet or space ship this gentleman came from, but it wasn't the same as mine. What a bonehead. My wife and I both B & B quite often. Several times a year.
We were impressed right off by Alfred and his personal attendance to our check in, followed by a tour and then showing us and helping us to get to our room (the Gold room w/ a garden patio right out side our room). That was followed up by beer (brewed on the premise) for myself and a wine for my wife (complementary). The staff went above and beyond to make us comfortable and meet our needs.
I know from many years of doing B & B's that when you visit true older Victorian's there will always be some dated items that we are not always comfortable with (DUH). That's the charm of B & B's. If your looking for perfection, go to the Ritz.
My and I wife visited another B & B in the gold country and were on our motorcycles. We told the owner that we were going to dinner up the road about ten miles. He said that would not be a good idea on a bike at night as there were many deer in the area. So, he loaned us his new Cadillac. Those are the kind of people we meet and Powers owner Alfred was no different.
I would encourage all who read reviews to read between the lines and see if what is being said the norm or just one of those people whom are never satidfied no matter what one does to please.

Room Tip: Check out what each room has to offer and specify the room you want. The gold room was nice because...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We just returned from a one night stay in the Honeymoon Suite at Powers mansion Inn that I received as a gift from a friend. It was a great experience that began when we were greeted upon arrival by Alfred! He is warm, kind, personable and just the right kind of person to run this type of business. We were greeted by name, shown to our room promptly, shown all of the information we needed for our stay then invited next door to The Pub for a complimentary beer! The stay was comfortable, the jacuzzi tub awesome, and the breakfast was extraordinary!! He prepares the meal himself and it was fabulous to say the least! The quiche was yummy as was the cinnamon roll French toast. We found our experience to be memorable and hope to return soon!!! Thank you, Alfred!

• Stayed April 2013
San Jose, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had a very disappointing experience. I can not for the life of me see how anyone could have given this place any review above one star. Let me start at the beginning.

You park your car in the lot, and walk into the "B&B". The whole yard is done in manufactured grass and of a very poor quality. The installation is so poor, you could almost drive a truck through the seams. Once we found the front door, walk into the lobby, and wait for Alfred, the innkeeper. While we were waiting, we got to peruse all the travel literature for Placer County, circa 2005. There was not one magazine later than 2007, and the Placer County Tourist Bureau is just two blocks away. Alfred finally gets around to signing us in, and shows us to our room. He makes sure to test the heating and air conditioning, and proceeds to tell us that it is working fine. The room is ok, but strange. The bathtub/shower was in one closet, and the toilet in another, and the sink just stuck on the wall, so the room looked a bit weird. So far, not great, but not terrible. We leave to go out and explore town.

We come back a couple of hours later, and the room is unbearable. The sun is shining right into the window, making the room very hot. We turn on the air conditioning, which Alfred assured us worked, but it seems that the system either can pump heat or pump air, and since it is April, it is still set for heat. Call, and someone, brings us a fan. We stay in the room for a while, and it becomes obvious that they haven't vacuumed under the bed for years, and when I dropped something, and looked under a table, and that too was filthy. Try to go to bed, but it was way too hot in the room.

My wife could not sleep on the mattress. It was awful, cheap and hard as a rock (lucky I don't have that problem - I can sleep on anything). Wake up in the morning, and realize that Alfred did not ask us anything about breakfast, and breakfast is only at 9;00 am. Breakfast is not served in the "B&B", but in the bar next door. This might have been the worst breakfast I ever had. What ever happened to nutrition or people's dietary restrictions? The breakfast was cold, tasteless quiche, cold raw potatoes, cold, uncooked sausage, cold bacon that resembled a piece of cardboard, cold something or other that was supposed to be french toast, and a side of imitation maple syrup. Not only that, the coffee was awful - probably the worst I have ever had in a restaurant. Alfred was proudly serving this slop to us.

We had paid for two nights, through a Groupon. We skipped breakfast the second day. All and all, the experience here was awful. This place is a dump which needs major renovations. It is no wonder that it is not affiliated with any of the B&B organizations, it would never pass muster.

Room Tip: Skip this place
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Maria, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My visit was unfortunately hurried, but the experience of this inn will last forever for many reasons...the exceptional kindness of the owner, Alfred being the number one reason. He voluntarily helped in so many unexpected ways. And then there was my to-die-for room, spacious with charming and unusual antiques and a big jacuzzi tub. I was encouraged to explore the entire inn which was like wandering through a museum from a by-gone era. Then there was Alred's breakfast to look forward to which was huge and so delicious and even entertaining because I was lucky enough to have Alfred tell me stories of his family's history. I loved the location of the inn which is within walking distance of old historic Auburn even though I wasn't able to take advantage of that, so I will definitely have to and look forward to staying again. Thank you, Alfred, for making this rushed trip the very best I've ever had.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
American Canyon, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Our anniversary was a perfect time to stay at the Inn. Your restaurant was awesome, we had dinner and breakfast there and it they were very large portions and delicious. The micro brew beer was good also. Alfred, the owner, was truly a gem he showed us around the manor and made our breakfast the next morning, he sure can cook. We especially loved the charm of all the old time settings and the detail to the original building. Thanks Alfred!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

One of the best places I have stayed at. Perfect atmosphere in the restaurant and bar. Food was second to none. Walking distance to entertainment. This was a great expireience and we will certainly stay here again. Thanks for taking care of us Alfred !!
Jody, Katie, Mike and Kim ... FOA

• Stayed November 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Holiday Inn Auburn
Super 8 Auburn
Super 8 Auburn
#5 of 7 in Auburn
3.0 of 5 stars 116 reviews

Been to Power's Mansion Inn? Share your experiences!