“Love the owner and the entire ambiance!” 5 of 5 stars

Power's Mansion Inn
195 Harrison Ave, Auburn, CA 95603   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Auburn B&B and Inns
Coarsegold, California, United States
“Love the owner and the entire ambiance!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My Wife and I stayed there and it had to be the best b&b I have ever experienced. Alfred, the Owner went to one of the finest cooking schools just to be able to provide breakfast for his guest. I was so impressed, the breakfast alone was worth the stay, and Alfred was such a fine host. his goal is for you to feel at home, and you have the entire mansion to do as you please; sit and read the paper, whatever you like. we had such a wonderful time, and can't wait to do it again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Trying to plan a birthday present to myself I saw this property listed on Groupon. I called the property and talked with two of the employed ladies if they offered transportation to the Inn. Either young lady could not answer my question. I then called Alfred Lee and asked if I were to arrive on AMTRAK would he be able to offer transportation? Alfred reviewed my concern but only only owns a pickup truck and in the past has been a hassle due to trains being late. I was not offered any type of assistance so I guess as a VET that served 20 years I will look somewhere else to celebrate my birthday.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Powerteam, Owner at Power's Mansion Inn, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Sorry about that! You did not have a time or schedule for pick up. You stated it could be midnight when you would arrive. I hesitated because I have a family and try to spend some time with them. Anyway, I hope you had a good birthday..
escalon ca.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My first b&b so i can't compare, but the room was fine. I was curious to see what breakfast would be like though..................... WOW! I never would have thought I would eat the whole thing, it took a while ( and a great conversation with Alfred) but I ate it all. Homemade quiche , bacon homemade sausage links, homemade french toast type cinnimon rolls , the best hash browns I have ever had ( I known, it is just potatos, but they were that good). The only bad thing was the powers club was closed for a wedding, but there are many bars & restaurants within walking distance. Even old town was only 1 mile away & we walked it twice that evening. We did get to taste the beer the next morning, the best hefeweizen , and I don't usually like hefe.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I held a fundraider event at the Power's Mansion in October and it was amazing! We occupied the reception hall which held 160 ppl and the attached Pub, another 120 ppl. The food was amazing, as well as the ambiance. The mansion is split into 16 rooms, including a honeymoon sweet. The rooms are kept quaint and simple, but very cozy. Room rental includes a hot breakfast, which is always a great way to start your day. Alfred and Peggy (owners) love what they do and truely care about all their visiters. Thank you for a memorable event!!

• Stayed October 2012
Roseville, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

From the first meeting with Alfred we felt very welcomed and very comfortable while planning our special day. Alfred always presented himself in a professional manner,as well as his staff there at the mansion. All scheduled meetings with Alfred were on time and he paid great attention to our wants and needs for our wedding day. Also via email and text, and phone Alfred was always able to be reached and promptly got back to us with any questions or concerns that we had in regards to the wedding.

Our rehearsal dinner went awsome,and our guests had nothing but great things to say about the food that Alfred and the mansion staff had prepared.

On our wedding day,which was just last weekend October 20,2012 the day couldnt have been better. Everything went just as planned and we now have wonderful memories to look back on from that day. Everyone that attended our wedding loved the entire event,from the food to the decor,to the music,etc... nothing but great things were said to us about where we were having our day,Powers Mansion Inn

Alfred you will always hold a special place in our hearts for helping us plan our wedding day...

The Furriers
Joe & Ali

Room Tip: many guest stayed at the mansion and all rooms had great reviews from those that stayed.
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

On June 9th this year my wife and I got married here at Powers Mansion. I have to say that the experience was incredible and much more than I had expected. Most other places give you a rental spot and no other help. Alfred, Noah, Jennifer and the rest of the crew did everything for us and it was nothing short of amazing. Alfred is one amazing wedding planner and he made sure that everything went very smoothly! The rooms were also Great! We stayed in the Honeymoon suite and had an exceptional experience from Meeting Alfred through the wedding day. From now on, any time I hear about someone getting engaged, I recommend to get married at Powers Mansion Inn. Alfred and Crew made it seem so effortless! Special Thanks to: Alfred, Noah, Jennifer, and Peggy

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Roseville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I put on a charity silent auction dinner in the ballroom at the Powers Mansion in Auburn that went superbly mostly due to the help of Alfred and his staff at the Power Mansion! Alfred is an incredible generous man who went above and beyond to help with our event to support a local family in the Auburn community.The ballroom itself in his facility is so elegant and located in the heart of downtown Auburn. It is the ideal location for an event, party, or wedding. We only used the ballroom for our event but he gave us a tour of the mansion and rest of the facility which was immaculately kept up and a historic treasure in this charming small town. I would highly reccomend it to anyone! We will definitely use them for any future events and my husband and I are planning to take a mini vacation ourselves to the mansion soon!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Power's Mansion Inn? Share your experiences!