“Power Club Restaurant & Brewery - wonderful place to have an event” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Power's Mansion Inn

You added Power's Mansion Inn to your Saves list
Power's Mansion Inn
195 Harrison Ave, Auburn, CA 95603   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Auburn B&B and Inns
Grass Valley, Ca
“Power Club Restaurant & Brewery - wonderful place to have an event”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

We had a wonderful time at the Power Club Restaurant and Brewery. The owner, Alfred, is extremely knowlegable of event management and helped us plan a retirement dinner for a co-worker. In addition to having rooms you can rent for special events, there is a restaraunt/bar/micro-brewery that is open to the public. Our food was delicious (tri-tip, chicken breasts, lasagna) served with numerous side dishes. Service was efficient... professional and at the same time welcoming. The sampler of beer allowed us to taste each of the 6 brews prior to making a purchase. (The Nut Brown Ale was my favorite.) The bar is beautiful - more upscale that I typically think of a pub being. All in all, this is a great place to have an event or to have a casual dinner or drinks after work.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Woodland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I was a guest at a Friday night wedding here. I'd first like to say that your facility and services were fantastic. The bbq chicken, tri-tip and micro-brewed beers were amazing as well (I really enjoyed the nutty brown)! I also took the privilege to enjoy a glass of the house Cabernet, and my fiancee enjoyed the house Merlot.

Thank you!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011 via mobile

The accomadions are comfortable and quaint. A great selection of theme rooms. We stayed in the nautical room which despite the 100 plus degree weather was air conditioned and very nice. For all the room had to offer, it was our host Alfred and manager Noah who made the experience!! We have not even finished this vacation but have already highlighted this as a "must go to place" on our next journey. The breakfast was generous in portions and perfectly cooked, but my highlight was being able to sample Alfred's own brews which rival any I have tasted!! Thanks for letting us share in your labor of love! Lorne and Trina Briggs
White Rock, British Columbia

• Stayed June 2011
Tahoe City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

My wife Marika & I Manage the Pepper Tree Inn, Tahoe City. We needed a break and found Powers mansion by accident. What a find! Centerally located in Auburn, a quaint, cute, well managed B & B with great attention paid to every aspect of "guest comfort & service." Mr & Mrs Lee were delightful hosts who operate a great facility plus a Pub & restaurant. They are VERY hands-on and maintain a high standard of customer satisfaction at every turn. We learned a few thing from them, for sure. The individually prepared hot breakfast was beyond any expectations. We WILL be back and if you are in that area looking for a GREAT place to stay, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Carefully choose from Website offerings
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Auburn, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

I have been going to the "Power Club" Brewery for months once I figured out that they make and serve their own beer. Brewmaster Alfred Lee has crafted 6 amazing micro brews that rival some of the best beer I have tasted. I have tried all 6 brews and they are all amazing. The Stout has become my beer of choice, but the Irish Bock, Pilsner, Red Ale, Nut Brown, as well as the Hefeweizen are smooth, tasty and unique in their own ways. These beers are all very easy to drink even for the "non beer drinker." Needless to say, i enjoy the beer and look forward to a cold "Power Club" mug with a pint of stout every chance I get.

With every great beer, you must have some grub right?! The food is very good as well. From bar food like sliders, fries, onion rings, and wings; to the array of burgers and sandwiches as well as some enticing entrees, the eating is great. I have even been to the All You Can Eat BBQ Buffet that is amazing. I mean where are you gonna find Tri-Tip, Briskit, Pulled Pork, Chicken, fall of the bone Ribs, and all the fixings in one buffet with a beer for a reasonable price? You cannot!

One of the greatest things about the Pub and Mansion is the staff. From the servers to the Bartender Peggy, you cannot beat the experience for the quality and price. Did I mention Prices? Well the beer is so reasonably priced it is awsome and frankly unheard of for a brewery. A pint of this quality handcrafted micro brew is less than $3 regular and only $2 during happy hour which is everyday they are open.

So long story short, go stay at the historic mansion and make sure you drop into the attached pub and restaurant for some grub and a Hand Crafetd Brew! With 4 very large TV's its a great place to catch the game as well. And if you are a local in the Auburn area, make a point to go try the Brews and see what you think for yourself!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Elverta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

The facility was very nice and the staff was professional. Our daughter's wedding was magnificient thanks to the professional staff of the Power's Mansion Inn. The reception was on site and the food was terrific. Great bar too. The rooms were comfortable and breakfast the morning after was over the top.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

Wow where to begin.....everything was fantastic. From the moment we stepped into Power's Mansion, we were taken in as family. Alfred and Peggy Lee were always eager to assist us in our decisions as well as lend a helping hand. Alfred opened to pub to us on numerous occasions (before and after hours) so that we could hang out with friends, eat, drink, and have a relaxing weekend. The day before the wedding Alfred and his staff had us rehearse for the big day, until we felt we were ready and comfortable with the routine. The day of the wedding was practically flawless. His staff were all extremely efficient, all the while maintaining a calm, collected demeanor. This kept myself (the bride) and my bridesmaids all very calm and ready for the moment. Though some minor problems arose throughout the day, Alfred and his staff were able to take care of the problems immediately and undetected. The guests and even some of the wedding party did even realize there were any problems. My family decided a family reunion was in order; so we stayed the weekend at Power's Mansion. The patio area became our communal porch. Staff frequently came by to see if we needed anything or just to see how we were doing. Having everyone in close proximity was fantastic - that includes Alfred and his staff. We definitely recommend anyone to have their wedding here! Price was fantastic, and we received more than we had payed for - both in overall service and amenities. You will truly have a home in this place. Thank you Alfred and Peggy for a great weekend wedding!

Bryan and Jennifer Gray

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Power's Mansion Inn? Share your experiences!