“Authentic Mexican Fare” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
Atwater, California
“Authentic Mexican Fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Friendly atmosphere, a good variety of traditional Mexican dishes, best Margaritas in Merced County, and salsa/chips are delish.

• Visited January 2014

Atwater, California, USA
“Lets go to Josie's boy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Great service and friendly staff. Great Mexican dinners or enjoy a drink in the lounge. Great place to watch the games.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saratoga Springs, Utah
“We love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is a great Mexican restaurant. It is a small 'mom & pop' establishment and the owners are very friendly and helpful. We eat there on a regular basis and they are always willing to customize our order to make it just the way we like it. If you are unhappy with anything they are more than willing to do whatever they can to make it better. The food is well prepared with generous portions and reasonably priced.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Central Valley, California
“Not going back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was the second time I've taken my son with me to eat there. The first time the food was alright.
The staff is accommodating and the service is adequate but a bit slow.
Tonight the food was a different story. I ordered the cheese enchiladas with shrimp and whole beans on the side without rice.
They didn't bother to drain the beans before dumping them on the plate with the enchiladas, so the juice created a runny mess. The soggy enchiladas consisted of shrimp wrapped in two tortillas with cheese melted on top, a blob of sour cream and green sauce. They did not have any cheese inside whatsoever as the menu described. The verde sauce may have been thicker before it blended with the bean juice that filled the plate but it was hard to tell, had minimal flavor and was more brown than green in color.
I mentioned this to the waitress and she said that she would tell someone. Don't know if she bothered to or not since I was still charged almost $13.00 (full price) for my substandard meal.
My son also had whole beans with his meal. In contrast, his beans were drained and his plate and food remained dry.
I wish I'd had a camera with me to take a picture.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Los Banos, California
“What a surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I live some 35 miles from here, but had never heard of the restaurant. Driving by and starved, we decided to give it a try! Even though it was during the week, the place was packed during the dinner hours 5:30- 8:30PM. Service was fast and efficient. Plenty of parking. Restroom (although only one stall) was clean and it had a baby changing table if someone needed it. Didn't order any liquor, but I saw waitresses carrying beer and even maybe a Margarita or two!
Totally pleased with my meal...I ordered Chicken Mole ($11.50) and it came with flour tortillas, rice and beans. Plus 3 good sized pieces of chicken. Even brought some home. I'll be making a return trip!

• Visited July 2013