“This family owned business is AMAZING!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery, Sandwiches
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout
Atascadero, California
“This family owned business is AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Not only is the family charming the atmosphere is filled with music and life. The salads and sandwiches are to good to be true. I always get treated with respect and amazing service. I recommened this place to anyone looking for a little fun and entertainment while enjoying a nice meal. It really is important to support "ma and pop" restaurants especially when they are as fantastic as this one!

• Visited March 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Los Angeles, California
“Very good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

I stopped here for lunch on my way to Paso Robles. You order at the counter, and the staff brings your food to your table. I had a turkey sandwich and a cup of clam chowder. How good could that be, right? Well good enough for me to take a few minutes out of my evening to make sure I wrote it up. Best sandwich and chowder I had in quite some time. Total was about $10 (including tax) which I thought was fair. Oh, and I agree with another review, the lady (I'm assuming the owner's wife) was a little testy, I changed my mind on the sandwich and it bugged her..maybe she doesn't notice that she makes a face? I'd go back again, maybe the lady at the counter wasn't very pleasant, but the kids working the tables were exceedingly nice and more than made up for it.

• Visited March 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“BEST FOOD EVER!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

The food her is the best I have ever had!!! The bread is baked fresh daily, the sandwiches are unique, made with fresh ingrediants, and to die for. They make the best baked goods, soups, and salads. Everytime I come up to Paso I make it a point to go there as often as I can. I wish they had location in LA. Pricey but every bite worth it!!!!

Greg and Linda

• Visited January 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
california
“great bread...owners wife...not so much”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

my daughter & i recently stopped in after having the bread @ artisan restaurant in paso robles. we stayed for lunch, bought cookies, 2 bagette's & bread pudding. since we were driving, we asked for a bag for the bread..it was only wrapped in paper...after all the money i spent the owner/bakers wife snapped @ me about her bag/paper cost ...is she kidding? this was after breathing down the poor counter girls back on how to properly bag cookies & rolling her eyes about us to another customer. seriously...do you treat paying customer this way?..the food was good..but SHE left a sour taste in our mouths...yuck!!

ventura
“Great breads and quiches, but very pricey.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

They use quality ingredients and make quality products. the quiches are extraordinary...thick, filling, luscious. The artisan breads are excellent, but I stopped going last year when they raised the price to $7/loaf. I don't know what the prices are anymore; I only know that it's too rich for my blood.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere