“For the price - perfectly serviceable.” 3 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Atascadero
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9400 El Camino Real, Atascadero, CA 93422   |
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Atascadero
El Segundo, California
“For the price - perfectly serviceable.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

We had ventured up to wine country for the weekend. When we called our regular place to stay...Adelaide Inn...they had no non smoking rooms. We called around and found that there must has been something going on in town...many places only had smoking rooms left. We decided to check out Atascadero since it is only 10 miles from Paso Robles where we wanted to stay. For the price - about $50 we got clean room, clean sheets and a decent bathroom. Nothing to write home about but perfectly serviceable. In town, I would recommend a place just across the street (northwest corner) from the sunken park (everyone knows that landmark) that is yellow. Breakfast was good...we ate outstide. I also hear they have great burgers.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

We were traveling along the Central Coast in California and needed a place to stay for a night. Since all the places close to the coast were either occupied or extremely expensive, we opted for a little detour. Motel 6 was still not a cheap alternative, we payed 100 dollars for a night. Service was close to rude. The room was a regular motel room, bathroom dirty, terrible smell coming from the ventilating system. The place did not even have a hair dryer.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

If you need a room, this place is clean, quiet, and safe. The location is great, just off 101. We had a pleasant stay.

If you're expecting any amenities: shampoo, a fridge, even a pen & notepad, you should probably stay somewhere else, the room is pretty bare except for the cable TV.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

We booked Motel 6 Atascadero for a mere sum of $45 for one night, so we weren't expecting anything brilliant. We were allowed to check in early and there was plenty of parking available, just make sure you dodge the cats, dogs, animal waste and questionable looking humans toting suspiciously bottle-shaped paper bags. The service at front desk was polite and efficient, but the creep factor was high. He certainly was not looking at my face. The creep factor was so high in fact that I checked for hidden cameras in the bathroom when we got to the room. The room was clean and had all the necessities. But the blankets had cigarette burns and a couple of the towels smelt somewhat like stale coffee. At least I hope it was coffee. The location was good, right off the 101.
But, this being said, if you want a cheap place to stay and aren't too worried about the luxuries, this Motel 6 was more than adequate.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2008

This is the second time we have stayed at the motel 6 in Atascadero. The personal was very friendly and helpful especially BOB. He worked the night shift, very friendly and treated my husband and myself with the upmost respect! My husband had just gotten out of the hospital, Bob went out of his way to make our stay enjoyable. The motel is not fancy, rooms are small, but comfortable and very clean. I would recommend this Motel to anyone that wants a comfortable, non expensive motel to stay. It is located close enough to Morro Bay and Pismo Beach so that the drive wont tire you. We will diffently be back! Our Thank you to the management and house cleaning crew. You made our vacation great!

Brian and Terri Kenner
Clovis, California

• Liked — The friendly Staff, very comfortable, location
  • Disliked — cant think of a single thing!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2007

Motel 6 in Paso Robles gave my reserved room away. They sent me 10 miles South to Atascadero. Paid for room and then male employee advised there was no parking. Refused to give my money back and threatened to tow my car if I parked in handicap spot directly in front of the room. Room was filthy, sheets were dirty, wrinkled, stained and smelled like someone or something had died. Sink, toilet and shower were black and had hair in them. One towel, no washcloth. Laid car blanket on bed and rested for 3 hours. I threw the car blanket away afterward because I was concerned about bacteria.

By the way, I had to park on the highway, far from the hotel. The male employee would not allow me to pull up to the room to unload suitcases.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — filthy room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2007

This place is okay if you just need a place to sleep for the night, but if you are intending to stay for more than a few days I would defintely go somewhere else. My room had fleas, which is not surprising since dogs are allowed here. There were interesting characters loitering by the pool at all hours, gawking and hooting at my friends and I as we walked to our room. If you are a woman, ask to be in a room on the other side of the hotel from the pool. Loiterers could also be quite noisy until the wee hours of the morning.

In all, it's fine if you aren't bothered by noise and the substandard cleaning of a Motel 6.

• Liked — Um, it did have a bed...
  • Disliked — Noise, gawkers at the pool, fleas, rude front desk personnel
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 Atascadero? Share your experiences!