“Absolute Gem of entire region!!!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6005 El Camino Real, Atascadero, CA 93422   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Atascadero
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Redondo Beach, CA
“Absolute Gem of entire region!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

I can't say enough about the Carlton Hotel...I always stay in higher class hotels & this was the top of the class.
The location is perfect for wine tasting or going out in San Luis Obispo.
The hotel stay went above & beyond the call of duty.
The restaurant was superb - happy hour & live music at the lounge was a blast.
They spared no expenses on the rooms - I highly recommned the 2nd floor courtyard suites.
On site GM Deana Alexander has everyone on staff dialed in to make sure I was well attended.
My wife & I are planning to spend our anniversary at The Carlton while wine tasting in Paso Robles.
You will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Orange County California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

Our son and daughter-in-law reserved the entire hotel for the weekend of their wedding at the Ranch in Santa Margarita. The staff was so friendly and accommodating we couldn't have asked for anything more. The rooms, bedding, coffee etc. were all Five Star. Every guest was so complimentary and pleased with their accommodations. We needed some wine chilled to take to the rehearsal dinner and the front desk sent up a bar tender to our room, picked up the wine and used their refrigerator to chill it. The hotel also let our guests use the 2nd floor patio for a wine reception the night before the wedding. We can't say enough good things about the hotel, management, staff, food, service, etc. We will definitely stay at the Carlton the next time we are up in Atascadero.

• Stayed July 2009
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

The Carlton offers more ammenities than I had time to enjoy....including the in-house restaurant which I understand uses a wood-burning stove for their pizzas. My room was lovely with luxurious bed linens and a very spacious room and bathroom with bathrobes. Most importantly, the staff was very helpful and friendly and my room was immaculate!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Lake Forest, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

We booked nearly the entire hotel for our daughter's wedding. First of all, I was very happy with the group rate I was given by the hotel's manager (Christine). The wedding was fabulous and staying at the Carlton with all of our family and friends for the weekend made it complete. Everyone commented on how much they loved the hotel and everything it had to offer. The beds were so comfortable, great bathrooms, and staff extremely accommodating. I know staying at The Carlton enhanced the entire wedding experience. Several of our guests said they wanted to return. Terrific find! Thanks Christine.

• Stayed July 2009
Paramus, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed here at the end of June for a weekend while visiting friends nearby. We were very impressed. It is a lovely hotel. Our room was very nicely decorated and we had a comfy king-size bed. We had dinner at the restaurant downstairs and it was delicious. The lounge was great, too. There was entertainment on the weekends which was a nice surprise. We drove to local wineries and visited Hearst Castle as well. If you're in the area it's a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

I was in Atascadero to hear a friend from out of town sing. To my delight he was singing in the lounge at The Carlton Hotel. I booked a room not knowing what to expect. I was delighted!!! The rooms are beautiful! The bed was the most comfortable I had slept in, in a very long time.
The restaurant/bar downstairs was wonderful. My friends and I enjoyed Sushi, gourmet pizzas, and crab cakes...oh and dont forget the wine. Our server Chauncey was a delight.
The hotel offers live music several times a week.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

I have now stayed at this hotel over a dozen times. Everyone should go there. You can't get a five star hotel like this anywhere. The rooms are fabulous, the staff is incredibly warm, accomodating and helpful, the hotel itself is beautiful and the restaurant is fabulous. This is a must stay no matter where you are traveling in central California. Great location. I will never stay anywhere else when heading anywhere from Solvang to Paso Robles- east or west. Its fabulous!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to The Carlton Hotel? Share your experiences!