“Nice visit for a small town.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 attractions in Atascadero
Type: Zoos
Attraction Details
Santa Ana, California, United States
“Nice visit for a small town.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Vey nice time at the little zoo. Some interesting species but a little depressing seeing them in small environments.

Visited September 2013

Pacific Grove, CA
7 attraction reviews
“A great little zoo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Not the biggest zoo in the world but very enjoyable. My wife and I enjoyed it very much. If you have an hour or so I think you may enjoy this

Visited September 2013
Paso Robles, California, United States
“Animal Yoga”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I cannot wait to get back to the remodeled Zoo on October 5 (2013) and conduct a free "Animal Yoga" session. It is a wonderful opportunity to be in their habitat and breathe, take on their postures and relate to our own role in conservation. Great for kids and adults.

Visited October 2012
Santa Cruz, California
“Fun Outing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Though this zoo is small, it was a fun outing. My husband and I had spent some time vacationing in Morro Bay and were headed to Highway 101. As we drove through Atascadero we saw the Veterans War Memorial and stopped to pay our respects. Next door is a beautiful park and the Charles Paddock Zoo. We weren't in a hurry so we decided to spend the $7 each and check out the zoo. It was smaller that we expected but we had never seen, much less heard of the majority of the animals they house. It was VERY interesting and we learned a lot. It was a lot of fun and I'm glad we stopped. I would highly recommend it for families with young children.

Visited July 2013
California
“Family Let Down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

While on vacation in San Luis Obispo we came across brochures advertising the zoo $5.00 so while on a budget we decided it would be nice for our family of 5 with 3 teenagers...it was only about 17 miles from our hotel so upon arriving there it was $7.00 a person and once my husband let the girl know about the price difference she didn't seem to care or ask what hotel so she could pull the outdated info she kinda shrugged like whatever..we asked for a map of the zoo she said oh you don't need one its small . That was the understatement of the year they happend to be cutting trees down so part of the zoo was blocked off the only interesting animal was the tiger. and half the animals were not even the cages very disppointed.....We voiced or concern of the zoo being blocked off and the zoo director comes over and lets us know the would be moving the truck so we could finish our little exploration of the zoo we were sooo very disappointed to only see some snakes in the window..I wish I could have had a refund....I guess if you have little kids they would enjoy it ...but as for me and my family it was not a great experience ....the whole zoo experience lasted but less then 30 minutes.

Visited August 2013