“More fun than a Starbucks crappacino” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 19 things to do in Atascadero
Visalia, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“More fun than a Starbucks crappacino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

I have been going to this zoo on the way to the central coast for over twenty years. It is fun and affordable and has become a family tradition. You have to keep in mind this is a zoo in a small town but they are always updating exhibits and upgrading when they can. My family and I really enjoy it and if you are there for the education not just to gawk it is worth the money. Plus there is a nice park next to it.

Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“World smallest zoo? =)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

Visited the zoo with my girlfriend and her 2 kids, ages 7 and 9. It was part of a trip the we took to Hearst Castle. Granted the place is small and the animals are few but the kids liked running around. Did the whole place in about 40 minutes. I would recommend as a side activity during the day if you are in the area. I believe there was a park near by where you can eat lunch. Dont expect the San Diego Zoo because its not! This place could probably fit inside a large supermarket. The big plus is a bengal tiger. Beautiful animal.

Santa Barbara
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Charles Paddock Zoo review”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

It takes less than ten minutes to see everything in the Charles Paddock zoo. It's a huge waste of money. It's basically just a series of tiny square enclosures. No open spaces. The saddest part is that they have a Bengal tiger, a beautiful animal that is meant to run super fast through open spaces, in a tiny tiny square exhibit. It's unbelievable how small its exhibit is, and how bored and frustrated the poor animal must be, surrounded on three sides by dingy walls. The sadness in this animal's eyes haunted me all day. I wish I had not visited this zoo. And I wish I had not spent $15 to support the miserable life this poor animal has to look forward to.