We booked this room based on other reviews we found on Tripadvisor. And as usual it panned out! Our only reason for this little get away was to find warm temperatures and an inviting pool. We found both here. The temps were in the 80s which is actually on the cool side for Atascadero at this time of the year and the pool was lovely. There was a nice little local wine and beer tasting from 4 to 6 pm on Thursday and apparently they have that on Tuesday as well. The breakfast was a pleasant surprise because it included scrambled eggs and breakfast meat. Sausage one day and bacon the next. There was also a pancake machine! These little things to top off the usual yogurt, bagels, muffins and cereal both hot and cold. The room was on the larger side with a window that you could open for fresh air. Wifi was free which was not the case at the last few places we stayed so that was refreshing also. The staff was just terrific and extremely friendly and welcoming. Oh yes and lets not forget the warm cookies in the lobby in the afternoon and the cucumber infused water and iced tea available in the lobby though out the day. It's all the little touches that make this place special. A bit pricey but everything in the area has increased in recent years. If I were to do another escape I would make it on week days the price increased by $100 for Friday night and I'm sure that would hold true for a Saturday night stay as well. Even though the hotel was full both nights it was very quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Atascadero Enjoy a comfortable stay at the newly-built Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Atascadero. The hotel is located just 20 miles from the San Luis Obispo Airport and ten miles from the California coastal beaches. Your family is sure to enjoy lodging in Atascadero, California where our central coast hotel provides convenient access to several nearby attractions including Charles Paddock Zoo, Vineyard Drive Wineries, the Ravine Waterpark, Atascadero Lake and Pozo Saloon, known for their outdoor concerts. Other sights and activities include beautiful hiking trails at Morro Bay State Park as well as the ancient Morro Rock located along the California shoreline, which is one of the most photographed places in California. Business and leisure travelers alike enjoy all the comforts of home and office at this hotel in Atascadero, California. Relax in our heated outdoor pool and whirlpool, break a sweat in the Fitness Center or stay connected with our complimentary wired and wireless Internet access and Business Center, complete with copying and faxing services. Our Central Coast hotel also offers the delicious, complimentary Express Start hot breakfast bar every morning, which features our exclusive cinnamon rolls. Start planning your California vacation or business trip now at our Atascadero hotel with boutique flare and great value. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atascadero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Atascadero
- Holiday Inn Express Atascadero
- Holiday Inn Atascadero
- Atascadero Holiday Inn