“positive feedback” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Artesia
MISSION VIEJO
“positive feedback”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Me and my wife decided to get a room Friday night to avoid driving back to Mission Viejo, Ca. after our friend's surpris birthday party. We were both very happy with our decision to stay Days Inn and Suites in Cerritos, Ca. Everything went very good - room, location and staff. Will definety recommend it to all our friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Alamosa, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

We were having a girls trip down Highway 1 when we got in to LA around 10 pm. We had a very hard time finding a motel with a room. Finally found this place and the reviews looked okay. As we were checking in there were 3 "Ladies of the Night" checking out (at midnight) and the front manager had the security guard check the room before he let them leave. The front desk clerk was very nice and put us in a huge room that was okay. The top bedding comforter had stains on it so we both took those off. The other bedding was clean and so was the room. Got woke up at 3 am by our neighbors arguing if they were in a relationship or not. Would not stay again and would rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Scotts Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I stayed at this location twice; 6 months apart. The evening manager was the most helpful and friendly hotel manager I have ever come across. He remembered me and welcomed me back the second time. I am a sensitive sleeper and he gave me the opportunity to check out rooms that he suggested (on both stays) to see if they were quiet enough for me (not all rooms are ultra-quiet at this Days Inn. It is located in a fairly busy and populated area.) Every room I examined was clean and nicely appointed for what you would expect in this category. The included breakfast was more than I expected for the price.

I loved exploring the surrounding area and trying out the Asian-American food in the area. You have to try Lee's Sandwiches, Lollicup, Guppy House (Butter Coconut Toast with icecream to die for), a Korean Tofu House or Korean BBQ. There is an Indian area down the street, but I didn't get to try the food. I bet if you ask the Days Inn staff, they will hook you up! Also, go visit the nearby Cerritos Public Library... you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the pool are quieter
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
SANTA BARBARA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Unlike some of the other reviewers, we found the place fairly clean. Also, my wife is HYPER sensitive to smells, odors and chemicals. IF she didn't notice anything, then it definitely didn't smell. About the only complaint was the sheets. We were of course expecting plain, white cotton sheets. What we found were tan striped poly-ester sheets. They were a little old and had little "bumps". Like what happens to a sweater. The sheets were clean, but they felt weird. I called them loofah sheets. (My wife thought it was funny). We asked for a quiet isolated room and that's what we got. I stay at Days Inn all over and this one was about average. I didn't have the same negative experiences that several other reviewers did. Also, Artesia seems to be the Indian capitol of the US. So if you want Indian food or other products, this is the place to go.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I usually do no make a fuzz on reviews or bad comments on hotels, BUT this one, I just could not stand it.
Bad customer service, first of all, it looks like the hotel belongs to an Indian family, so there is always some one at the front desk that will not understand you.
Rooms has this pesticide smell everywhere.
On our couple of nights there, fire alarm system was always beeping every minute!
They did offer me to change rooms AT 4 am!!!!!
General areas are not that clean and you can hear every noise around you and when I tried to talk to the front desk about it, they answer you very rude or non sense like, this is the way it is.

I usually stay on Days Inn when I travel, AND TRUST ME, THIS ONE PARTICULARLY has made me change my mind.

Room Tip: Hotel not recommended at all. Trust me
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
daysinnartesia, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Artesia, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
This is not our hotel picture. please remove.
Flagstaff
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We picked it for the price and didn't expect much with a 2 star rating. But the room was very large, and was plenty of room for my family of 5. Beds were comfortable. The bathroom needed some touch up work but it was clean. Overall the property was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was simple but plentiful. Located in a strip mall so that was different but it turned out better than we had anticipated. Close to the freeway and lots of nearby food options.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn & Suites Artesia? Share your experiences!