“Great customer service but the rooms stink” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Artesia
SFO
“Great customer service but the rooms stink”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

The rooms we got were stinking.
The ceilings were wet.

We had to return back to the front desk and ask for a different room. The staff was prompt in giving us better rooms.

This place is a mile away from Indian restaurants, and also right outside the highway.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

i saw the excellent update in this hotel, more clean, nice service in the front desk, feel warm.
much better than six months ago when i been here. great. I asked front desk, knew they changed the ownership. wish them to keep it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Mineral Wells, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Doors don't close properly, u have to push or slam them to lock. God awful smell of smoke and mildue mixture. Right next to a highway exit great easy on off location. Internet doesn't work. 3 different front desk staff with 3 different excuses!!!! If u are going to lie get your stories straight. I am a choice hotel property owner in Texas and New Mexico. I would be ashamed if my rooms were this bad. Breakfast was a joke, ran out of orange juice a hour before breakfast ran out 2 days in a row!!!!! Second day waffle machine(which there is 1 for a hotel of close to 150 units!!!!) stopped cooking waffles on 1 side. I am glad the coffee machine wasn't broken at this hotel. Pool on the other hand was very clean and very big. Hot tub outside was bigger then I've ever seen. I guess I know why there is a Denny's in the parking lot!!!!!!!! For less then the average price of this hotel very good hotels near by.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Upon checking on the website , i booked 4 nights stay in this hotel with Orbitz as it is near my relative's place. Requested for a handicap room upon check in, was given a room on 3rd floor. There was no signages at all to show where is the lift to our room. But certainly many wall signages with "Warning, Security Cameras in Use". The room key doesnt work, had to change it at the front desk. Totally disappointed to find there is not wall plug for our laptop connection. Called the front desk, the maintenance guy came but didnt seem so happy to help. he gave us a big chunk of extenion wires , told us to push the television cabinet out to plug it in. At this moment, we insisted on a room change. They changed our room to the far end of the holel buildling. The elevator near this room is out of order . We had to walk a distance down to the lobby for our breakfast & out of the hotel . It is totally annoying when our room keys did not work for the next few times when we come back. I noticed many guests had the same problem like us, they were waiting outside their room , trying out their keys. When i tried to cut short our stay, the front desk staff replied that its not allowed as we paid our bills through a 3rd party.!!!
There was no coffee replenishment in the room, upon request, the service staff replies there is no stock !!! They closed the Breakfast room but put us into a Meeting Room for our breakfast,The reason being there were groups in-house, I was very disgusted to notice that bedsheet is being used as tablecloth, guess they can't cope with a full house breakfast situation !! In the breakfast room, the service staff seemed more concerned in cleaning up the place then to assist guests who are not at all familiar with the waffle making maching.!!!! Our key could not open the Laundry room, the staff just forced open the window sill, climbed in to open the door for us !!! It seemed to me this is a malfunction hotel. I would never never recommend this hotel to any of my friends or clients !!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Marysville, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

let me start by saying that I work for the choice hotels so i have been to many properties we liked this hotels because of the pictures on the website but it looks nothing like that. The hotels is behind a dennys that is hard to find if its just first time in california the lobby is completely empty but a couple of couches nothing like the pictures i do have to say that guy that checked us in was good. After we got to our room we were shocked at how horrible it was there was such a horrible odor i am not sure if they are trying to cover a previous smoking incident or what. The door to one of the rooms didnt even close you had to like smash your body on it in order to close. The beds and bathroom was the worst i didnt want my kids to even touch anything because of how gross it looked we had our reservation for 7 nights but 5 minutes was more than enough. i would not recomend this hotel if you want to enjoy your vacation and actually have some sleep try the ayres inn in ontario california

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My family and I, there were 5 of us, stayed here one night and that was more than enough. We were were supposed to have a king suite with a sofa bed and a roll away. To begin with it took 5 or 6 card keys to get us into the room. When they finally get us into the room it smells of cigarette smoke, supposed to be non-smoking. The very helpful lady from houskeeping then informs me that the sofa that is in the room is not a sofabed because the guests that last stayed in the room 2 weeks ago broke it. How are we supposed to fit 5 people into this room? Long story short they finally get us into two connecting rooms and what do I find? The socket where the bulb sits to the bedside lamp is held together with electrical tape! I could not belive it. How unsafe is that? Not only was there the electrical tape in the lamp but there were broken tiles in the bathroom and the caulking around the sink was completely coming apart. Conclusion staff is great and tried to be as helpful as possible bit the roo.s themselves are not that great.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Quality Inn Artesia? Share your experiences!