“A little disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Sandwiches, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: We have the best burgers and sandwiches in town, and a relaxing casual atmosphere. Thank you locals and visitors alike for making us your favorite place to eat since 1994.We appreciate your business and support!!
Newbury Park, California
“A little disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Not bad but not great either. I ordered up a cheeseburger and requested it "protein style" thinking it would come on a bed of lettuce but I was mistaken. I received a somewhat dry burger with shredded lettuce and some fix'n on the side. Not impressed.

Visited August 2012

San Jose, California
“wonderful lunch again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Have eaten here before and it never fails to please. Food was delicious, service was fast and great, everything was clean.

Visited August 2012
Arroyo Grande, California, United States
“Great Shakes!!! Great FOOD!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I would say hands down best milkshakes in town, Also this is probably the best burger joint in our area. Its nice to Just hangout! And you can walk around the downtown old village after. The only place with PARKING!!!

Visited June 2012
Tucson
“Keep on walkin'...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was really hungry for a burger while sightseeing in Arroyo Grande. The Old Village Grill seemed to specialize in 1/3 lb. burgers so I decided to stop for dinner. The teenager at the counter was busy talking with the cook, and having a good time. When she noticed me her face changed to complete deadpan. "Do you know what you want?" So much for the niceties. I ordered a cheeseburger, fries, and drink and went to my table. I got my burger about 15 minutes later and sat down to enjoy it. Immediately I see why they're advertised as 1/3 lb., it's because the bun weighs that much. The meat is the thinnest patty I have ever seen. The bun is enormous. The meat does not generate enough heat to melt the cheese, so I'm eating cold cheese, enormous bun, and french fries fried in yesterdays oil. Very nice. Not a place I'll go back to.....ever.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I drool every time I drive bye. Great hamburgers or chicken sandwitch's. My favorite is the chicken on grilled sourdough. Crisp fresh fries. Fun when the kids from the high school come in at lunch or after school.

Visited June 2012