“Keep going back” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Arroyo Grande
Fresno, California
“Keep going back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

The Premier Inn was clean, friendly, and priced right. I have stayed there twice now and am booked there for another weeked. The only thing is that the beds a little soft for my back. That would be my only complaint. I definetly recommend it for the budget minded person that just wants a clean safe place to sleep for the night or weekend.

• Stayed August 2010

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010 via mobile

After reading the other reviews, I was nervous about staying here. I'm glad we decided to though. It was a nice sized, clean room. The pool area is nice and we had a good time. The lady there in the morning was very rude about getting more coffee but she did apologize. I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed August 2010
fresno, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

I stayed at this hotel two nights and when we were getting ready to leave the room my husband pulled back the sheets and found a bug! He took it to the manager and he confirmed it was a bed bug and he brought a hand held spray and he said he has had this problem before and he would take care of it. We got one night free, but that was it. In April I started getting bites on my arm and they itched like crazy. I went to the doctor and they gave me medication to treat scabies, but the bites kept getting worse on my legs and arms. I looked around my bed frequently because in the back of my mind I thought it was from bed bugs, but I didn't find any until 2 months later. It was 2 am and I found one on my chest and I moved the bed and they were everywhere! I was so disgusted. I had my husband wake up and throw the bed out. The next day he ripped out the carpet and threw my daughter's bed out too. Terminex came to spray my house. In the end it is going to cost me $4000 in fumigation costs, new mattresses, and flooring, not to mention many months of sleepless nights due to nonstop itching. My bites are healing finally, but I will never stay there again! Corporate office is refusing to call me back. The hotel manager is denying ever admitting that it was a bed bug!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

you,ll get a lot for your money, and yhe rooms are not small,everything is nearby

Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Santa Monica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

my friend and I stayed in this hotel a few weeks ago. When we got up in the morning, we found bed bugs in the sheets as well as blood stains from them. they gave us our money back but 9 days later, she broke out in a rash and 12 day's later, I broke out. She went to the doctors and they said we got chiggers from this hotel as well as bed bug bites. I have had to fumegate my house and unfortunately, just before my breakout, I stayed with some friends in another city and they have had to fumegate they're house as well.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

This is not the Four Seasons. This isn't even a Marriott! With that in mind, Premier Inn is an excellent value choice for the Pismo Beach/Arroyo Grande area. Just compare their rates to any of the nearby hotels and you'll see what I mean. So what do you get for your money? The basics. A clean room and a pretty quiet stay -- I've hardly ever had noise problems and I've stayed at this location several times a year for a decade now. You get free coffee and store-bought sweet rolls in the morning, should you want them. You get a swimming pool which looks nice and clean (but which I've never tried out). And... there's a small fridge in the room! Nice touch.

What don't you get? You don't get an ocean view or a beachfront room. You don't get free phone calls or high speed internet connections. No hair dryers in the room (if I recall correctly). No on-property restaurant, though there are plenty just down the hill, along highway 101.

Do I have any real complaints? Well, if you're a non-smoker, make sure that you PHONE to make your reservation and ask specifically for a non-smoking room. Their smoking rooms smell like ashtrays, and their online reservation system will not guarantee you a room that matches your smoking preference! Also, even if their online reservations system says they're booked up, call and check -- often, there really is still a room available.

During the summer, they fill up pretty far in advance, especially when an event like a car show comes to town, so plan ahead.

Don't expect luxury, just expect a basic, clean place to stay -- one that is cleaner and quieter than some of the more expensive hotels in the area!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Fresno, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

I stayed here almost a year ago and I remember it being centrally located between restaurants, wal-mart, albertsons and pismo beach. Of course you have to drive to Pismo's pier but it was well worth it for the price we paid. It was great to be near a grocery store where you can buy beer and bbq at the hotel. I would most certainly stay here if you are on a budget. The rooms are nothing to brag about but it got the job done. They had cable which kept us entertained while we relaxed from the days activities.

Good thing was not many people we there during the time we went (weekend). Maybe because we went during November, a cold month.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family

Been to Premier Inn? Share your experiences!