“Perfect Romantic Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

210 Oak St, Arroyo Grande, CA 93420   |
Los Angeles
“Perfect Romantic Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2009

My wife and I recently stayed at the Abella Garden Inn to celebrate our 20 Year Anniversary - this was Valentine's Day weekend (the perfect time). Upon booking the destination we wanted something romantic, quiet, with a lot of charm and hospitality. Well we certainly found it all and more at Abella. From the moment I made the reservation to the second we walked in the front door -- Gina Glass the owner made us feel as if we were special guests in her own home. Her warmth, love, and energy is apparent throughout your stay. The food was absolutely delicious, the accommodations were wonderful, and she even made all of our local area reservations for us with ease. We had a personalized wine tour, a Valentine's Night dinner, a trip to Hearst Castle and Cambria, and even a couple's massage. It all made for the perfect 3- night weekend, which turned-out to be a second honeymoon. I look forward to a return visit soon and highly recommend Abella Garden to any couple looking to getaway ....

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Abella_Garden, Owner/Innkeeper at Abella Garden Inn, responded to this review, May 27, 2009
Song queue: "When the moon hits your eye, like a big pizza pie, that's amore...." HELLO my friends! We had a lot of "amore" going on that weekend, didn't we?? I don't know who had more fun, you and the other guests or me, ha, ha!!

I have 4 kids and 4 grandkids and along with other family and friends and dancing, they are my life. But when you guys come and stay with me, you all become my life for that moment that God has brought all of us together, and isn't it terrific that we can enjoy each other's company and have so much fun by simply letting loose and "Being!"

Thank you for your invitation to come to your home and visit. Who knows, maybe some day I will surprise you!!! For now though, know that I truly love you and wish you many more years as Mr. & Mrs. Ciao!!!

Gina
Your little Italian Innkeeper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Orange County, CA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

Let me just say, as far as bed and breakfast's go, I don't think you can match the atmosphere and friendlieness of Abella Garden Inn. Gina, the owner welcomes you in to the B&B as though she has known you for 50 years! We spent 2 nights here and I must say that it was definitely worth it. The breakfast and service were equally awesome. I have attached some pictures of the couples that were at the Inn over the weekend. Gina had put something together that was very special for Valentines day. She had all of the husbands get together and sing a song that we composed for our wives. It was awesome! The thing that sets this B&B apart from the rest, is the peronsal and loving service of the owner. I would recommend this to anyone I know and if you are in the area, make SURE you check this B&B out. It will NOT disappoint you!

• Liked — The welcoming atmosphere and beautiful rooms! Great breakfast also
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
santa maria ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

We were looking for an elegent yet intimate place to get married and this wonderful garden gazebo provided just that. We had a very small guest list and opted for the italian appetizers and wine reception on the patio. Gina paid attention to every detail including the place settings, flowers and even the cutting of the cake. She took pictures and they came out great.
We stayed for two nights in the calla lily suite which is pefect for a honeymoon. We highly recommend contacting Gina for any wedding or event that you need a caring hostess, a beautiful garen and many happy memories.

Tom and Cammy Carrejo

• Liked — hot tubs in the room and the great breakfast
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2008

My boyfriend and I were looking to stay around Pismo beach for an off season nothern california excursion. I compared all rooms all over the area and this was the most reasonably priced. I was surprised when i got there that the pictures do not do it justice. the rooms are BIG and there are so many little extras. The inn keeper is great and helped us personalize our vacations with help finding restaurants, winery's and other activities. She also makes the most amazing breakfast. definetly romantic and we can't wait to return. Worth more then your average Holiday inn

Stayed November 2008
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

Once you step onto the property, you are enveloped in Italian song and beauty. The most amazing part of the experience, however, is the energy that is given off by the Inn's owner. A firecracker, a character, a connection to what is real. These are just a few of the ways that her guests describe her.

When I arrived, all I wanted was some peace and quiet. Her energy almost over powered me and I was wondering if the weekend was going to be what I needed. It turned out that it was. She allowed me to have all the peace I needed. It was when I spent time with her that I realized she had something that I was looking for, she had passion.

If you enjoy people with good energy, I highly recommend this Inn and Gina.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
littlegina, owner at Abella Garden Inn, responded to this review, October 15, 2008
Life is so terrific, and my guests like you my dear friend make it so much more meaningful and enjoyable. Thanks for chatting with me in the kitchen along with your husband and his brother. We had a lively conversation, ha, ha, and I will cherish the memory of it and the three of you for a long time! I eagerly await your return!

Baccioni (lots of kisses), Gina
Your little Italian Innkeeper
Escondido
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Abella Garden Inn and also married in the garden. We had a magical time and Gina the inn keeper made everything perfect right down to the pedals on the bed. The entire wedding party included eleven people, but with Gina's big personality, it was like all of your favorite cousins and Aunts were there as well. We love you Gina and will visit again soon!

• Liked — Everything
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2008

We had a great stay in this amazing little hotel. Gina, our hostess was the friendliest innkeeper I've yet to meet, and she fills her home with love. She greeted us so warmly, we felt at home straight away. The house is beautiful, immaculately clean, with a peaceful garden full of birds (we saw our first humming birds in the jasmine). Our rooms were large and well furnished, with a very comfortable bed and all amenities. There were so many little extras that make a difference - snacks and water in the room, CDs, wide selection of videos, good quality shampoo. It was our anniversay and Gina surprised us by decorating the room and made sure the AC was just right for us so we slept well. We really felt there was nothing too much trouble for her if it made our stay better. Gina was also most helpful with directions for where to go and what to see in and around Arroyo Grande to make the most of our short time there. All the food was delicious and home cooked, served in a very relaxed atmosphere. The only regret we had was that we only stayed for one night on a road trip. We will stay longer next time!

• Liked — friendly atmosphere
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Abella Garden Inn? Share your experiences!