“Home & Heart for our Family” 5 of 5 stars

You added Abella Garden Inn to your Saves list
Abella Garden Inn
210 Oak St, Arroyo Grande, CA 93420   |
Inglewood, California
“Home & Heart for our Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Gratzi Gina!

Thank you for opening up your home for our family the weekend of our Wedding.

We wanted to fill your walls with the love of our family for this special occasion and that is exactly what we accomplished.

Thank you also for busting a move with my father in law at our wedding on the dance floor. That was HI-larious to see him cut loose like that, it was a first.

Our family truly loved you.

Thank you again.

Love always,
Tiffani & Stan

Room Tip: The Calla Lily Suite was my favorite.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We rented the Abella Garden Inn for the long Memorial weekend. Our suite was elegant, spacious, and immaculate. The bed was extremely comfortable and the down blanket kept us warm and sleepy all night. The bathroom was spotless and the kitchen was stocked with snacks and teas. Gina made us feel right at home the moment we arrived, made sure we got everything we needed, and then completely left us alone for the entire weekend. Needless to say, we had a very relaxing, peaceful, and intimate experience. What made our stay truly unforgettable was meeting Gina, if only briefly, and being blessed with her sparkling sense of humor, fearless energy, and loving spirit. Thank you Gina for your gift. Hope to see you again soon!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Royal Oaks Watsonville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

We enjoyed the area surrounding the Inn with wine tasting, beaches, and scenic drives, all nearby. The garden is lovely and the 2-story home is pleasant. Gina, the Innkeeper, is a feisty little Italian lady who makes you feel like visiting family!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Abella_Garden, Owner at Abella Garden Inn, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
I don't know what to say anymore to customers such as this one who reserved a $249 room at $149 per night under my Vacation Rental category which included a self-serve continental breakfast, one set of towels, and no daily room service. If you folks want "full service" then don't reserve a package that saves you $200!!!!! It's not possible to have it all!!! So how can you grade me low on service and value when you chose to get little service for such an unheard of savings/value???!!!! I've tried to figure you folks out for over 23 years and my conclusion after all that time is to STOP TRYING TO FIGURE YOU OUT, ha, ha, ha!!! I enjoy my customers and I have had many appreciative and thankful guests in my presence; guests who demand very little and appreciate every little thing they see I go out of my way to provide and do for them!! As for the rest, we live in an imperfect world with imperfect people and that is simply a reality of life. I am blessed to have love in my heart for all human beings and nothing can take that away from me, not even a review that is not honest.

My love to all, Gina
Your little Italian Owner
Livermore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here in early October, 2011. We stayed in the "Apricot Blossom" room and it was nice. A spacious, clean room.
We stayed under a special offer of 2 nights, with no room cleaning, or towel service. No traditional "B&B type breakfast either, but the kitchen filled with all kinds of goodies for us to eat at OUR leisure. What a deal! Just remember to bring cash for this deal.
To be honest, the inn is next to the highway, and we thought we chose a bad place to stay as we pulled into the driveway. But when we were shown our room, a retaining wall just outside our window blocked out 90% of the traffic noise. We were really surprised at how quiet it was. For you sensitive sleepers, you might bring some earplugs. But really, noise was not an issue. (I am a flight attendant, so I think I'm a pretty good judge at noise levels in hotel rooms).
You can pay a little extra for have the in-room hot tub filled, but we did not. There is just too much to see and do around the Arroyo Grande-Pismo Beach area, to spend time in the bathtub.
The best part of our stay was meeting the remarkable innkeeper, "Gina". What a doll!
If you want to remain anonymous, then go stay at a Hilton. If you don't care to actually meet people on your journey, then don't come here. If "things" like a view, or designer shampoo are more important to you than the "experience", this place isn't for you.
But if you want to have a memorable, genuine, heart-to-heart experience, and aren't afraid to actually interact with "strangers" and become friends, then go see Gina and her guests at Abella Garden Inn. She will make you feel like part of her family.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Chico, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

The accommodations were outstanding, the hospitality great and Gina kept us laughing and made us feel right at home. We hope to go back many times and would like to spend some time in their beautiful garden.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Bedford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

While the room was quite nice and perfectly comfortable, the "breakfast" part of Bed and Breakfast was very disappointing! Leftovers, help yourself, outdated yogurt and had to call Innkeeper to set up coffee which she had neglected to do. Dirty dishes left in the sink and on the counter for a couple of days.

Room Tip: Rooms at front of house would be very noisy. It is right on a major road which has lots of traffic...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Abella_Garden, Owner at Abella Garden Inn, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
I ran into an Italian man not long ago and I spent several hours talking to him. I have never forgotten what he told me: "get rid of everything in your life that upsets you"! I used to have a package that offered 2 nights at regular price and 3rd night free. That package SPECIFICALLY SPELLED OUT what was and was not included. The person who wrote this review reserved that package. It included a self-serve continental breakfast. I left them a main dish that was not supposed to be included, a gift of love from me, and you notice that it got thrown in my face and labeled "leftovers"! In the 23 years I've owned this Inn, I have seen over and over that the more I give, the more people EXPECT and almost DEMAND!!!! It is because of customers such as this one that I took the Italian man's advice to get rid of things that upset me and deleted that package!!!

I'm a passionate Italian; a "real" person who loves my guests as if they were my own family!!! I have always given way too much of myself, food, room upgrades, decorations to honor marriages and birthdays (all at no extra charge) and it's sad to see how many people are oblivious not only to all the "extras" I give but also to the genuine human love and bond I extend to them!!

I offered a warm breakfast for about 20 years. It really was more like a brunch with 3 or 4 main dishes, coffee cakes, nut breads, etc. and all homemade by me! I remember watching people go back two or three times to fill their dishes. I remember that many times they would help themselves to the food in the fridge and have their lunch and dinner on me as well; oh the stories I could tell you....

Today, this is the statement that appears on my website and that I send to every customer who makes a reservation.

STOP: The owner of this beautiful Inn does not live onsite. She will not be there in the morning to serve you and you may not see her again once she has checked you in and hugged you, squeezed you, goofed around with you, helped you with dinner and any other questions you may have; she will simply disappear!! In other words, you will have the entire property to yourself with no other staff around! If this is not what you are looking for, please go elsewhere with my love!!! Ciao, Gina

I have had to drop the Bed and Breakfast from my name and am now Abella Garden Inn. NOTHING has changed at the Inn except dropping those words. I still provide a self-serve continental breakfast and many times I still make the main dishes and coffee cakes but I don't advertise it with "bed and breakfast."

TO THE THOUSANDS OF GUESTS WHO HAVE BEEN LOVING AND LOYAL TO ME FOR SO MANY YEARS I SIMPLY SAY THANK YOU AND I LOVE YOU!!! TO CUSTOMERS SUCH AS THIS ONE I SAY I LOVE YOU TOO AND PLEASE GO ELSEWHERE NEXT TIME!

GINA
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have stayed at the Abella Gardens a couple of times now and it has been great both times. The owner/manager, Gina, is a giant ball of energy wrapped in a tiny little package. She is hilarious and super outgoing. You are made to feel like long lost family upon the first meeting with Gina.

The rooms are super clean and comfortable as is the rest of the inn. I noticed a few reviews mentioning the proximity of the freeway but we haven't really had any issue with that. I sleep really well while there.

The inn itself is worth returning for but we return to visit Gina!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Abella Garden Inn? Share your experiences!