“Not a bad lunch spot” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Reservations
Sherman Oaks
“Not a bad lunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Happened on this restaurant while walking through "downtown" Arroyo Grande aka Branch Street. We were seated outside on a beautiful but crisp day - the heater lamps were just enough to make it comfortable (it was our choice to sit outside). There was no crowd as we were a little late for lunch, and our service was great. There was a very good selection on the menu. I had the steak salad and the steak was cooked perfectly. The dressing was very good. My friend also had a salad. The servings were good sized although we didn't have any left overs. Saw several of the pizzas walk by - they looked delicious- obviously hand made crusts that were on the thin side. I thought that some of the prices were a bit high for the area but the food was very good so I didn't mind paying for it. My only complaint, and this is just a personal bug, is that my iced tea was never refilled. My friends water was.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

california
“Wished I lived in AG so I could hangout!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

On the recommendation of local family, we met here for a Sunday lunch. Excellent salmon/potato chowder, burgers and salads. Came back again next day for lunch and had the ahi tuna sandwich ( with grilled pineapple, sprouts and wasabi aioli). One last late dinner and I had to try the chicken, feta and basil pizza. Very nice beer and wine menu as well. This will be on our lunch stop list whenever we pass through AG!

Goleta, California
“Quality and value for money in the Village.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The Village has always been a great place to eat, but Rooster Creek takes things up a notch. Really nice atmosphere inside or outside. We were served promptly, our food came quickly, and it was delicious. Our servers were attentive to our comfort, adjusting heaters and shades as needed on the patio.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
san diego
“Nice Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Recommended -- I had one of the salads which was very good. Good service, nice selection of wines. I sat at the bar, so service I had may not apply to tables.

Big screen TVs at the bar, really nice relaxing atmosphere. If I'm in Arroyo Grande again, I'll definitely come back.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orangevale, California
“Bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

This was my second visit. First time I was not impressed with the food, but decided to go back again. This time the service was horrible. Seated with no menus. Finally got some water, still no menus. Two people were clearing tables around us, so we asked for a waitress. Still no waitress or menus. We got up and left. It was not that busy either. Will not be returning.

• Visited June 2012