“Another great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
california
“Another great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

We checked into the Hampton in Arroyo Grande on a Friday evening. The check-in process went very quickly. I asked to have my double queen room changed to a king room and was accommodated. It is a new hotel, very clean and up to date. The King room had a fold out couch, a wet bar area with a refrigerator, microwave and sink. There was a coffee maker with coffee/tea and a package of microwave popcorn on the counter. There was a small desk and a dresser with a flat screen t.v. The shower/toilet is separate from the sink/vanity area. The bed was very comfortable, which I have found to be the case in all the Hamptons I have stayed at. In fact when I travel, I prefer to stay at a Hampton as I know that the room are always clean and the beds comfortable. The free breakfast in the morning is a great perk. There were eggs, bacon, make your own waffles, hot oatmeal, cold cereals, fruit, bagels, toast, pastries, coffee/tea and juice. I will be returning to this Hampton again when I travel to the central coast. Our room was on the freeway side, so if you are a light sleeper, ask for a room facing away from the freeway. The noise wasn't too bad, as the windows are double paned. Our room had a balcony, but not really sure I would want to sit out there, because the view is of the freeway and includes all the noise.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room facing the hillside and away from the freeway side of the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

What a great place to stay! Staff was GREAT. Breakfast was good..beds are amazing and the overall experience was lovely. Will definately go back!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Lee B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
I'm happy to hear you had a great stay with us! I will pass on your wonderful comments to my team! They will enjoy the recognition you've given them. Working as a team makes for Happy Guests everytime! Thank you for taking time to write your review it is truly appreciated!
We look forward to your next visit!
Lee
Walnut Creek, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

For a stay in the Arroyo Grande , San Luis Obispo area, this place is quite nice. Looks very new all throughout. Staff friendly and helpful. Easy freeway on/off. Comfy bed. Nice bathroom and shower. Good breakfast.

Dear Travelgal5050,

Thank you for trying us out at the new Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande! I appreciate the time you took in writing a review. All comments and suggestions are always welcome. We hope you will come back to the area again soon and stay with us again! Lee
Caliente, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

My wife and I travelled to Arroyo Grande, CA because I was going to have knee replacement surgery. The doctor doing the surgery had worked out a deal with the hotel for his surgery patients. When I called the hotel to make the reservation I spoke to the night desk girl, Peg. She made my reservation. A couple days after making my reservation I began to feel a little guility because my surgery date was Feb 14, Valentines Day (yes, you read right, Valentines Day). Anyway, I called back and was lucky to get Peg again. I discussed my Valentines situation and Peg gave me the names of a couple florists in town. While talking she told me that calling a florist would be expensive. She told me that she used to work as a florist and if I'd like she would put together a flower arrangement for me. I thought about it but declined because I didn't want to inconvienence her. But I was impressed that she would volunteer to do that. I'd call that customer service. Checking in was a breeze. The hotel was nice and clean. The ammenities were over and above our expectations. Every employee that we came in contact with was friendly, gracious and extremely helpful. In fact the day after I was released from the hospital my wife and I took advantage of the breakfast spread that the hotel put on. The hotel's general manager (sorry, her name escapes me) actually assisted us in carrying my food since I was on crutches. There is no doubt that my doctor picked the right place to have his out of town patients stay. We will stay there again, in fact, since my wife travels for her job and Arroyo Grande is part of her territory she's found a great place to stay when she's in town. I highly recomend The Hampton Inn. This hotel is very very customer service friendly.

Dear Ron M (and Barbara),
It was so good of you to stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande while going through your surgery. We all wish you a speedy recovery. I will definately pass on your comments to Peg and the team. I'm sure Peg would have made a nice arrangement for your lovely wife. Maybe next time you come. It's always our pleasure to assist in any way we can to make your stay a wonderful experience. I'll look forward to seeing you again hopefully fully recovered! Thanks again for the great review, I'm eager to share it with the team! Lee
Moorpark, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Standard Hampton Inn. Outstanding room with a great king bed and linen. The property is only 6 months old, so everything is practically brand new! Room 406 is great. And that's all I have to say about that!

Room Tip: Room 406 is especially large. Probably because it's wheelchair accessible. Large shower only...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear MikeCheryl8012,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your experience. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. There are many choices for hotel accommodations and we thank you for choosing the new Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande! You mentioned having a shower only. You may want to try one of our King Size Studio Suites that do have the tub and shower combination. We hope to see you again for your next visit to the area! Lee
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

My sister and her partner have been here more frequently than I so I will also incorporate her experiences into this review. This is definitely a new hotel from my previous stay in Arroyo Grande which is a great new alternative. It is a clean and well-located hotel and happens to be very dog-friendly (just remember that someone must always be with the dog(s)). The staff were super friendly and helpful. The bed was so comfortable that I slept in - a lot. I don't normally sleep in, I am usually a 8 am or earlier kind of person.

Other great things about this hotel: There is 24 hour hot coffee and tea in the lobby. The pool is heated and clean. The fitness center is actually well stocked. The breakfast is very tasty.

Room Tip: Room 408 has a fantastic view of the ocean.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Lee B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
So happy to here you and your party enjoyed your stay with us! We are new and are working to get the word out that we have finally opened and want to make it special for all of our guests - including our furry four-legged friends. Thanks for sharing your comments! See you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I've stayed all over the united states, but my favorite lil
Get away is the Hampton inn and suites in arroyo grande. It's close to pismo beach, and the outlets , but just far enough away to get out of the hustle and bustle of city life and traffic!
George is the most hospitable and warm individual of all times!
Make sure you ask for him if you stay there. ! Customer service is outstanding from all staffers but George is just exceptional and goes that extra mile for his guests!!

• Stayed October 2011
Lee B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Wow! I'm so thankful you took the time to share your experience with us! It's really nice to hear great comments about our Hotel but especially about theTEAM's exceptional service they delivered and the 'extra mile' from George. I share all reviews with the team as it's so important they realize how appreciated they are. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande! We're glad you enjoyed our Hotel and the whole team looks forward to seeing you next time you're in town!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande? Share your experiences!