“A relaxing, romantic two night stay” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Casitas of Arroyo Grande to your Saves list
The Casitas of Arroyo Grande
2655 Lopez Drive, Arroyo Grande, CA 93420   |
Poway, California
“A relaxing, romantic two night stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

My husband and I had a fantastic stay at the Casitas of Arroyo Grande. I had back surgery three weeks and a day ago and staying here was SO WONDERFUL! The fireplace in our room was romantic and cozy, the patio with scenic views of the gardens and mountains were so beautiful, and the breakfasts were gourmet. Pat , Tony, and Kona made us feel more than welcomed. We loved everything about our stay and couldn't ask for anything more! We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed here for two nights on our way from LA to San Jose. Everything was absolutely perfect. We elected to eat some cheese and crackers in the room, and Tony brought us plates and napkins. All of the details were taken care of. We enjoyed the bocci ball court, too. Pat suggested a day hike nearby that was exactly what we were looking for. The room was very romantic and the breakfast was fantastic. We are thinking of going back next year for a longer stay so that we can do more hikes and visit the wineries.

Room Tip: The Sonrisa room has great views and is very private.
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

A group of 7 women and myself had the pleasure of The Casitas at Arroyo Grande experience this past fall. I use the word "experience" intentionally because unlike many other inns, this place is way more than just a stay at a bed and breakfast. From the moment we arrived, actually way before that when deciding where to stay, and I spoke with Pat & Tony (our gracious) hosts, I knew I had found a gem. Well, even I was surprised just how amazing our 4-day stay would be. We were greeted with a beautiful, bountiful fondue & wine spread and the rest of our "experience", if you can imagine, just got better and better. My travel companions raved constantly over the views, the casitas, breakfast, the service, and the beautiful surroundings tastefully decorated with unique art work and antiques. (I'll share some pics.) I have stayed in some of the highest-rated inns in the country and abroad and I have to say, this was the best overall experience I have had at a "bnb". These people really know what they're doing and I would recommend everyone stay here and try very hard to make it more than one night. You'll be very happy you did. I have had experience planning and facilitating all kinds of special events including weddings and I would absolutely suggest The Casitas at AG for a small, intimate gathering or for something larger such as a wedding. Also, if you're still deciding where to go for a few days and the Arroyo Grande area is just an option at this point, stop searching and go!! There's so much to do in the area. Just ask Pat & Tony. I personally would recommend you take a day-trip to Los Olivos as well. We did, and found it to be a highlight of our trip. Worth the 40-minute drive for sure.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dunstable, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Just 3 hours from LA. Pat and Tony are wonderful hosts and they have thought of everything. The breakfasts are spectacular. The restaurant suggestions were right on. Lovely veiws and quiet breakfast on the patio

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

While traveling from LA to San Francisco I was looking for something around Pismo Beach. What a great find. If I didn't live in North Carolina I would come here for a weekend getaway. We stayed in the Maniposa with its wonderful patio and spacious room. The patio was so nice we went to a local fish restaurant, the cracked crab, got some wonderful salads and ate outside watching the moon come up. We love to travel to Italy and this is so much like that. Breakfast was delivered to our room around 8:30 with coffee showing up around 8. wonderful! I can't stress enough how amazingly relaxing our stay was. We will come back.

Lexington,Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is a very special place. We decided to stay here to break up our trip from Big Sur to Santa Barbara, and we were blown away. The raving positive reviews on this site were a clue, but even so we were astonished by how wonderful the Casitas is. Tony and Pat were a wonderful host and hostess, our room (Mariposa) was wonderful, but beyond that we loved the site. We sat and relaxed for the morning at the beautiful pool with great views over vineyards. The grounds are lovingly and beautifully landscaped. The Casitas were a bit out of our way, but the detour was well worth it. And as a small bonus Arroyo Grande was a pleasant little town where we could get a good meal and have a nice walk. Make the effort to leave San Luis Obispo and the 101 corridor and stay here. It's well worth it!

St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I went out to California for a long weekend get-away and we had the pleasure of staying at the Casitas for a couple nights. The hosts (Pat and Tony and their adorable, friendly dog, Kona) were extremely hospitable, gracious and warm. They were also helpful in letting us know about local sites and giving us directions. The private "little house" we stayed in was cozy and nicely decorated with a big comfortable bed. The view from The Casitas is beautiful. And if that wasn't enough, the breakfast they brought into our room both mornings was incredible! Everything about our stay was absolutely lovely.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Casitas of Arroyo Grande? Share your experiences!