“RUDE STAFF AND NOISY ROOMS AND MINORS ALLOWED TO RESERVE ROOMS AND STAY HERE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Timberline Lodge

and 1 more site!
You added Timberline Lodge to your Saves list
Timberline Lodge
890 Highway 4, Arnold, CA 95223   |
San Diego, California
“RUDE STAFF AND NOISY ROOMS AND MINORS ALLOWED TO RESERVE ROOMS AND STAY HERE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

Very noisy rooms. The staff, management were very rude. Hard to believe these people can be so rude being in such beautiful country, that would be enough to put a smile on my face everyday. The manager or lady with the long gray hair that works in the office is EXTREMELY rude and has a chip on her shoulder. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Plus they allow MINORS to stay here and they can be very loud.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

WoW!!!! What can I say but I’m shocked. My wife booked this reservation. I’ll be completely honest after she told me what we were going to pay per night I was preparing myself for a real dive. Boy was I wrong; it was just the complete opposite. From the first impression of building I was completely amazed. What an elegant looking place. So then we go check-in, and once again I’m expecting the worst. The staff was so warm and friendly. She told me we would be in room 2. She also told me about all great dinning places within walking distance. So we gathered all of our bags and proceeded to our vacation home not expecting much and what a shock the décor was so warm and inviting. We even had a cute little gas fireplace. It didn’t feel like a hotel at all it felt as if I was home. Everything was so clean and fresh. What a great location only about 20 minutes from all the action. The following morning I went down to the lobby and checked my email with the high speed internet computer they have set up. What I thought was going to be a crappy weekend, turned out to be a weekend I’ll never forget. Thank you Timberline Lodge

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Livermore, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

Stayed here for New Years. Rooms were below average, our queen bed was sunken in on the head end, the pillows had a musty smell, the toilet ran at 10 minute intervals, the TV was tricky to get turned on, the shower head was the worst I have ever experienced (It seemed to just mist water), you probably won't need the cold water handle in the shower, the water doesn't get hot enough to turn down, the rooms had little insulation so the heater was always on and any outside noises (snow plows, fights from the bar next door, people walking on the deck) came right into the room..

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

Locked out of our own cabin late on a rainy Friday night and found a wonderful place to stay! Thank you for taking us in Colleen.
Great location, comfortable rooms and wonderful staff.
Thanks again for your generosity.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
merced
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

People this was a really good hotel. It is near a gas station, stores, ace, and its great. Let me tell you a little bit more about the room/ hotel. This hotel is really nice and easy to find and kindly people work there. The rooms are really really clean. It was really comfy. The room that i staid in was a two queens two twin beds and a really nice warming fireplace. We got greeded really nicely by two lovely ladies. They attend people really nice. Also it was CHEAP. The price was execelent. I paid $128 for 7 people. We all slept really good. The good thing that is not that far away from the good parks. Like Calaveras Big Trees, or Bear Valley. i recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

We have 5 children from 13 to 10 months. We had booked 2 rooms at another hotel due to our large family, arrived about 10 pm, but the power was out in parts of Arnold due to weather and had to find another place. We are so happy we did. One room at the Timberline was large enough for us all saving us a lot of money. The room was very reasonable and beautiful making us feel we were in a log cabin. Very clean and service was great. We had a a few problems with the last minute switch (personally - not with timberline), but Colleen made everything very easy. The next day she even got on the phone for us and started price shopping snow chains. later that day, she called around finding out what restaurants in town were open. We were walking distance to a few great restaurants and an incredible gift shop and sporting goods store across the street. (great due to the storm)
We could not have asked for more. Colleen and the Timberline turned what we thought would be a disaster into a wonderful experience.
If you have a large family - this IS the place to stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

I was expecting less as always, and was so pleasantly pleased with our accommodations and Staff. Very hospitable with all sorts of printed literature on the Gold Country and sites of interest as well as copies of all the local restaurants menus on hand. Our room had this big lodge pole tree in it which the kids loved! Nicely decorated and a huge carved Bear out on the lawn area. The kids loved it and so did we. Would definitely recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Timberline Lodge? Share your experiences!