“Excellent value at this price point.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Arcata
Tucson, Arizona
“Excellent value at this price point.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Very nice hotel. Service great, wonderful bed and pillows, very clean, heated pool is actually warm.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
liberty112
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

We stayed for 4 nights here in August 2011. Upon checkin we noticed the group of homeless type looking people on the property near the picnic tables. I had read about this "group" in prior reviews and well, it is Arcata so I wasn't bothered too much by them. Had my room been on that side of the property, I may have been more concerned.

Our room was cleaned everyday and was cleaned immaculately. I have stayed at hundreds of hotels and this one absolutely takes the cake for cleanliness! I was so impressed and thankful for the feeling of being able to just know that things were clean, cared for, and taken care of.

The desk staff was always friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great- we took trays full of goodies up to our room and ate in our room in our pajamas each morning. Parking was good- we were able to park in front of our room each night. There are cards in the room that they place on a board in the laundry room for guests to give suggestions of local places to explore. I enjoyed reading those and also the opportunity to share ideas with other travelers. Our room was LARGE with a mini fridge and microwave and lots of space which was nice since there was 5 of us. We appreciated that! The beds were SO comfortable and had 5 pillows on each one. Loads of comfort and coziness here folks!

The only complaint I have and it isn't really a complaint just a frustration we had is there is only 1 washer/dryer set. I found us competeing with other guests to use them, but that really wasn't a big deal. The washer that is there is a very large front loader and had plenty of space to do a HUGE load of laundry for $2.50.

The quirky part of our stay was when the fire alarm went off around 9pm one night. It was a sorry sounding alarm but enough to cause us some alarm and peek outside the door to see what was going on. The alarm went off for 5 minutes or so and we never did see any fire trucks arrive so we eventually went back to bed. The front desk called our room about 40 minutes later to ask if we were ok. My son answered the phone or else I would have questioned what in the world was going on. Oh well, it made a good story for us and added adventure to our trip.

This is a great place to stay with a great location, MUCH better than anywhere you will find in Eureka. It is worth it to stay here and then do the short drive to Eureka each day. There are too many tweakers and full time live in families in the hotels in Eureka for my taste.

We will stay here again with no pause given!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Austin, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

What to say about a Best Western, or any chain motel for that matter. Not much. It was perfectly fine. It was clean. The room didn't stink. I had a good night's sleep. It's a few minute's drive from downtown. The staff was helpful. I asked for dinner recommendations the night I arrived and the three people working at the moment gave me helpful opinions. The next morning one of the housekeeping staff took me "backstage" so I could refill my water bottle from their personal stash since, in her words, "Arcata water sucks." I thought that was a nice thing to do.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Fort Bragg, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We recently stayed one night in a jucuzzi tub king room....We liked the extra space verses a regular sized room...This hotel is older, but well taken care of....It was very clean with a super nice staff...Has a green lawn area complete with picnic tables and BBQ's, and if you bring your dog a great space to let em run a bit, or toss the ball....We were perfectly happy here....

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Whitefish, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We needed a dog friendly motel so didn't have a lot of choice. Very happy with our clean large room, quiet night, nice breakfast, pleasant and dedicated staff. They do a very good job.

• Stayed August 2011
Purcellville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Very quiet hotel because it backs to the highway. Breakfast area was a little too small and too busy. That is my only complain. Other than that had a very good night rest on our way up north.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Our room smelled of cleaning solution when we entered.
There was no light next to the only chair useful for reading.
The furniture was arranged such that a table was blocking the A/C vent.
The TV could only be viewed from the bed -- not the chairs.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcata
Hampton Inn and Suites Arcata
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 10 in Arcata
3.0 of 5 stars 128 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN Arcata Inn? Share your experiences!