“Fun, colorful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rita's Margaritas and Mexican Grill (Arcata Plaza)

Rita's Margaritas and Mexican Grill (Arcata Plaza)
855 8th St, Arcata, CA 95521 (Formerly Rita's Margaritas and Mexican Grill)
Website

41% Recommend
Arcata, California, United States
“Do NOT go!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

This was awful!! We had a group of 6 friends going out to get drinks and ordered pitchers of house margaritas. First, they messed up and brought us just a glass. We corrected them that we wanted pitchers. We very specifically said House. When the bill came, it said 2 pitchers of patron margaritas. When we confronted them about their mistake, they were didn't believe us. They said there was some kind of miscommunication. I said yes, but that's not our fault. They said that we couldn't prove it and wouldn't take it back. $40 for a pitcher is ridiculous! I will NEVER go back!

Visited March 2012
Eureka, California
“Again, just average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Just like most of the other Mexican restaurants, just average, nothing special

Oregon Coast
1,888 helpful votes 1,888 helpful votes
“Very good, but extremely noisy and busy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I'm torn between rating this restaurant "average" or "very good".

First, the good points :-)

The food was very good. They have a large selection of all types of Mexican food. The super burritos are huge (I mean really huge) and available with about 20 kinds of fillings. Yes, 20! They range from the standard pork or chicken to Tinga, Barbacoa, San Antonio Beef plus seven Vegetarian fillings.

I had pork Adobada with a mild sauce and it was delicious. I'm not a light eater (hehe) , but I could only manage about half of it. I took the rest home and it made a great breakfast the next morning.

They have a full bar including their famous Margaritas and a good beer selection.

Now, the bad points :-(

It was extraordinarily noisy. Yes, they were very busy, but the noise level was extreme. I guess all the sounds bounced off the walls and ceilings? It's a very basic place with tables that are quite close together. Service was okay once they got started, but it did take our server about 10-15 minutes to appear.

I went with local family members and they said Rita's is *always* busy. Great for their bank balance, but given a choice I think I might get food to go due to the noise level.

So, I'll rate it "average", since it was not a comfortable place to eat, but the food is very good!

• Visited June 2011