“My Hometown Favorite” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
New Orleans, Louisiana
“My Hometown Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

This has always been my favorite place to eat in California. I love the Burrito Jumbo with no tomatoes. That is the best ever. The Taco Lita taco sauce tastes perfect with it. Delicious food and very cheap. I used to drive all over California to go to Arcadia to satisfy myself at times. I even ate there every day for awhile. The taco specials on Friday was great too. This is the ultimate thing I miss in California. I am craving one now even talking about it.

• Visited March 2013

Sacramento, California
“Drove over 700 miles in a day to satisfy my craving for a Taco Lita Burrito”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I grew up in Southern California and moved to Northern California. I didn't miss anything but our friends and Taco Lita. Feeling particularly overworked, I jumped at my husband's offer of a road trip just to get a jumbo bean and cheese burrito at Taco Lita. Why? because for over 40 years they have been making the best Southern California style tacos and burritos. Their sauce is tasty and not too hot.
The tiny takeout spot is filled with kids just getting out of school, dentists, jockeys, lawyers and frazzeled housewives with their kids. It can move a line full of people in less than 10 minutes, but good luck trying to sit and eat inside around 3:00pm.

Was it worth the drive? Oh you bethca!

• Visited January 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“White American Style Mexican Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

If you are looking for the most generic mexican food then this is the place for you. I always thought that Taco Bell held that honor but Nope this is the place. Its portions size for the burrito and tacos are double the size of Taco Bell but than the price is triple that of Taco Bell. And if you dont put a dozen packets of there taco sauce on everything it has no taste at all.

Visited December 2012
Monrovia, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awesome classic of Arcadia, CA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

love everything about TACO LITA, especially the sauce... mmmmmmm.... I want a bean and cheese burrito and tons of sauce right now!

• Visited December 2012
Hemet, California
“Old School Arcadia to the New Generation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've been going to Taco Lita since the 1970's. It was here when I earned my freedom (learned how to drive) and is just a hop skip and a jump from the high school that we consummed many a JUMBO BURRITO. So, yeah, there are a lot of good times wrapped up with Taco Lita. Not only that, the food is pure comfort food to the Arcadia gringo burrito eating world. Then there is that sauce. Tomatoey, spicy sweet with a little bit of a kick. Not too spicy, not too bland. So what is it about this place? I can't tell you as I have even tried as far to make my own version of a Taco Lita menu complete with leftover sauce and it just isn't the same. Just see the line, all these other people probably tried to do this too but can't replicate it. Young and old are in line to get their fix of Taco Lita goodness. What is in this that makes me crave it when I am 83 miles away from my childhood home sitting at my desk on the phone with a cranky parent? It is simply this. Fresh ingredients, made consistently, with love. Sappy you say? Well, maybe. Okay, so maybe it is the sauce. If you are looking to see what all the hub bub is about with Taco Lita try it out if you are up for a very watered down version of Mexican Food done well. The menu is simple. Burritos, Tacos, Tostadas and drinks. Be sure to get the sauce. Remember the process: Squeeze sauce, take a bite, repeat. Mmmmmmmm. Makes me wonder how much gas I've got in my tank for a bonzai run to Arcadia! Yum.

• Visited July 2012