“Old School Arcadia to the New Generation” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 206 restaurants in Arcadia
Cuisines: Mexican
Hemet, California
“Old School Arcadia to the New Generation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've been going to Taco Lita since the 1970's. It was here when I earned my freedom (learned how to drive) and is just a hop skip and a jump from the high school that we consummed many a JUMBO BURRITO. So, yeah, there are a lot of good times wrapped up with Taco Lita. Not only that, the food is pure comfort food to the Arcadia gringo burrito eating world. Then there is that sauce. Tomatoey, spicy sweet with a little bit of a kick. Not too spicy, not too bland. So what is it about this place? I can't tell you as I have even tried as far to make my own version of a Taco Lita menu complete with leftover sauce and it just isn't the same. Just see the line, all these other people probably tried to do this too but can't replicate it. Young and old are in line to get their fix of Taco Lita goodness. What is in this that makes me crave it when I am 83 miles away from my childhood home sitting at my desk on the phone with a cranky parent? It is simply this. Fresh ingredients, made consistently, with love. Sappy you say? Well, maybe. Okay, so maybe it is the sauce. If you are looking to see what all the hub bub is about with Taco Lita try it out if you are up for a very watered down version of Mexican Food done well. The menu is simple. Burritos, Tacos, Tostadas and drinks. Be sure to get the sauce. Remember the process: Squeeze sauce, take a bite, repeat. Mmmmmmmm. Makes me wonder how much gas I've got in my tank for a bonzai run to Arcadia! Yum.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
Out West
“Best Combo Burrito and Hot Sauce”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

I have been going to Taco Lita for years, they have the best greasy Combo Burritos. Their Hot Sauce is also a favorite. They are a lot more expensive than most gringo taco stands but are worth it for the priceless grease.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Arcadia
“Definetly Eat at Taco Lita”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

The place is located on Duarte rd between Santa Anita ave and Second ave. They have been there since the 60's I believe and have the best Meat and Cheese Burritos. It consists of ground beef, cheese tomatoe and lettuce but there sauce is out of this world. The tacos shells are always stale though so I dont advise trying them.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
massachusetts
“Best taco stand!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2008

Simple ingredients and consistent preparation make this taco joint a winner. I always get either the tuesday or friday special or 2 tacos and a bean and cheese burrito. Their taco sauce is so delicious, i always get the 10-pac to take home with me.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“an old school favorite from when i used to live in the area. i was a fan of their cheese and steak burrito. loaded...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2008

loaded with some kind of radioactive substance resembling melted cheddar cheese (not velveeta!) i thought this burrito quite unique. the sunshine glow and the amazing elastic properties of its cheese never ceased to make me happy.
i miss this burrito a lot...