“Great location but...........” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 8 hotels in Arcadia
Changzhou, China
“Great location but...........”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Beautiful grounds located across the street from Santa Anita Park. Unfortunately it has seen better days. The rooms were a little tired. I had phoned in advance to make sure they had internet. I was assured they did. I arrived and was given the internet code and password. The desk brochure said there was a $7.95 charge. I assumed it would be on my bill at checkout. I couldn't get it to work and called the front desk. They sent out a nice young man who immediately told me my Mac might be a problem. Bottom line it didn't work and I couldn't get done the things I needed to. It was not on my bill the next morning and never was. They knew it wasn't working and were not honest up front. Too bad as its a great location but not was it probably once was.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fort Meade, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Furniture in room( desks -end tables) were stained with round white circles (from cups)--bathroom needs a complete remodel--old fixtures old sink etc.,--hot water is at a set temp cannot be adjusted --there is a toggle switch on the wall next to the thermostat with no instructions --had to ask at the office "what is it for" found out that up is for heat and down for air --should have info next to switch--on Thanksgiving morning at 9 am a crew was shoving tree limbs into a wood chipper right in front of our room-what a racket on a Holiday --Basic breakfast-no hot food ( hours are only (7 -9 am)---the grounds/pool area are really well cared for ---great for taking picures---since this motel is located right by the hospital --we heard sirens day and night-would not recommend this motel

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife and I really like this place. The rooms are big and clean (though a bit worn). Each room has a deck or balcony overlooking green, leafy grounds. We come back here on business several times a year. The desk staff is very nice.

The ONLY bad experience we had was once (out of a dozen stays) when a class reunion was held there and some yahoos were setting off firecrackers late into the night.

The breakfast is hardly worth getting up for. But that's okay. The price is reasonable. I think most rooms are in the $65-$80 range. Spend your savings on breakfast nearby. The grounds and the pool and the surroundings are what make this (in my opinion) a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Glendale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one day, was away during the day due to business only came back to rest, so pretty cheap hotel in that part of town. They also gave complementary breakfast,but no wifi in the rooms.The only plus point to this hotel is the location. There is a huge park right next to the hotel and perfect for a morning jog.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights. Not the best hotel to stay but i guess it is still good enough for me.

Room is huge but not that clean. The carpet is old. Staff is not that friendly but helpful enough if you are any question. I never eat the breakfast after i see what they offer. Better breakfast option are around. Overall, a cheap place to stay if you have a car to visit LA.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Rancho Cucamonga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

I am not a Motel 6 type, but was looking for a cheap place with a decent pool next to Santa Anita. I got what I was looking for. Rooms are ancient, beds in room were recently updated, new Serta's. Comfortable. Old nasty bedspreads, dirty, worn shag dark green carpet and popcorn ceiling welcomes you upon entering dark room. It has a tiny bathroom, but did the job. For $80 on a Friday night, in walking distance to some restaurants and a bar and accross the street from Santa Anita it cant be beat. Nextime though I might try the Motel 6 up the road. I was expecting a little nicer place. I wore my sandals in the room as the carpet was gross. The room is dark, lighting is minimal. You do get a fridge and coffee maker.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
bakersfield, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

I recently stayed for the 2nd time at the Santa Anita Inn, and again, couldn't have been happier! I had a 2nd floor room, with a balcony, table and chairs; great place for my morning coffee! (which is included in the room). Even though it was racing season at Santa Anita, I still only payed around $80 for my room. Although it's an older motel, it's clean, quiet and comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful, and I noticed, were the same people who were working the last time I stayed here. I've never availed myself of the continental breakfast, as there are too many great restaurants in the area.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Been to Santa Anita Inn? Share your experiences!