“Nice place for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Nice place for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I wasn't sure if I was going to like being so far out from Downtown, but we were right next to the freeway, and it was a quick drive to the valley and Downtown areas over the weekend. Tried to get other hotels in same area, but everything was booked up. I've stayed at other Hamptons though and have had good experience with the brand, so when I saw a great AAA deal here for a last minute room, I went ahead and grabbed it. I actually got a room for less than $100/night, with internet, breakfast, and bedding for 4. It wasn't a huge room, but it was nice and the rooms have a decent mini fridge and microwave in it. When you use the sofa bed, you need to move the coffee table around, and we kept running into it. But, it fit perfectly under the desk, exact fit actually, like nesting tables, You just had to move the chair out, which was easier. The air conditioning was good, but a little noisy. King bed was really comfortable for me and my husband. Sofabed fit my two daughters, one teen and one adult. It was tight, but it was a queen size sofabed. Their main complaint was that you could feel the metal railings under the thin mattress, but they were ok with it and slept fine. My adult daughter sleeps on the floor at times, so she's not fussy.

Checking in was quick and easy, but we had a little problem with our reservations. I had booked a king bed with sofabed and said we had 4 people. Then after my online reservation was complete, it asked if there was any other preferences. I said 2 queen beds, and accessible, if it became available. Well, I went in the room, and there was one king bed in an accessible room. I had to call the front desk and tell them it wouldn't work cuz I needed the sofabed, or another room for my kids. So, she quickly was able to find another room, and it was a room next to an accessible room, with the king and sofabed. That was perfect. The bath still had a rail in it to hold onto, which was nice. And while the bathroom was nice and clean and a large granite countertop, it was a little high and wide for me, and hard to reach the sink controls. They were not impossible, and I'm not in a wheelchair, but I just had shoulder surgery and have a problem reaching forward. So, that's the only part of the room I didn't really care for. Oh, and the bathroom doesn't have a fan, so it steams up quickly from the heat from the shower.

Breakfast was enough to get us by - fruit, eggs, bacon one day and sausage the other day, pastries, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, juice and coffee. The juice wasn't very good, but the coffee was nice and strong. Eggs were better one day than the other. Nitpicky stuff, but like I said, it was a good start for the day, and enough to keep us going til late lunch.

Overall, it was a good stay. They had a fire alarm go off early one morning, and firefighters were outside my door clearing a smoke filled area. It was a little scary, but they said not to worry and they had it under control. My husband was out having breakfast and came in and said he saw what was going on, and it wasn't a big deal. He's a firefighter too, so I trusted that, and smelled smoke in the room til we put the air on and cleared out the room. Whatever it was, it was fine later in the morning, and anyone coming in after 10AM probably would never know there was an issue.

The maintenance/housekeeping group was very accommodating to requests, and so was the front desk. Everything went smooth otherwise, and we had a pleasant trip there. I highly recommend it, and it was right next to all the other hotels that were charging at least $50-$80 more per night for the same kind of room. It's right next to Residence Inn, but they didn't even have the room for 4 people there - so the Hampton fit the bill for us all the way around.

There's restaurants close by - I saw Claim Jumpers, Souplantation, and a bunch of others along with a mini mall area with all kinds of services. So you're not in the boondocks at all. If you're there for a local meeting and don't want to stray far from your hotel, this is possible, Or if you're stopping through and need a night's stay in between a long drive, again, this is perfect.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Turkish first
Henderson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This Hampton inn is in a beautiful location and provides the great consistent Hampton Inn Quality. We have not had any problems with Hampton Inn's and this location was exceptional. The beds are very comfortable and we had no trouble getting to sleep. The breakfast was above par for Hampton Inn fare. Plenty of restaurants and shops to keep you occupied.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

oxnard, california, usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

bed was nice, TV was huge and LCD/LED high def, had mini fridge that kept ice frozen cold, microwave, air conditioning was great since it was a heat wave when I was there, clean room, free wifi, bed lap desk, free continental breakfast, had muffin, oj, coffee, yogurt, but they had more like sausage, waffles, etc. free white chocolate cookies and apples in the afternoon, they were sold out the week I was there. doors closing in the hall kinda loud.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mesquite, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I simply love the location. Shops and restaurants were just around the corner. Secured neighborhood. A minor problem we had was the air conditioner was kind of old that it won't cool the room well. But then again probably it was the summer season that's why it happened. Other than that, my family loved the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Traveling on vacation and needed a place to stay for the night. Hampton's have always been good to us and this was no different. All the ammenities a weary traveler can use including a clean and comfortable room. The hotel is convenient to many activities in the area. The breakfast provided a variety of foods to choose from. Good way to kick off the next day's travels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Olympia, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past and it is a fine choice for the Pasadena-Arcadia area. However... Be aware of making reservations that are good buys and are NON-REFUNDABLE. This applies to many hotels and hotel chains that sometimes offer this. I had a one-night reservation of this type with the Hampton Inn in Arcadia, and had a slight change in plans that would require a stay there one day earlier. After calling the AAA, with whom I made the reservation with, then the main Hampton Inn reservation line, then Travelocity, who the AA uses to make reservations, then the hotel itself (yes it was a runaround), all said the system just doesn't allow it.

It seems a simple change like a one day check-in date would be easy to accomplish and make your customer happy, but this was not something they could accomplish. Hence an unhappy customer, who will probably not stay at Hamptons again, and look for a hotel chain with more flexible policies.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We needed somewhere in north LA to get our heads down and this turned out to be perfect. Easy parking, great checkin/out, clean rooms, great shower and TV. Excellent bed and free Wifi to boot.. One mile away from Ralphs supermarket

Perfect for the money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Arcadia / Pasadena? Share your experiences!