“Wow, all that we needed and more!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Play at Dave and Busters
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Ft Worth, TX
“Wow, all that we needed and more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

What a GREAT hotel. The rooms were spacious and clean. King suite had a very comfortable king size bed and a separate room with a nice sofa sleeper, work station, microwave and fridge. Shower water pressure was perfect.

The breakfast was phenomenal. Hot made to order with 2 chefs. Omelets with many ingredients, potatoes, bacon, sausage....fresh fruit, cereals....great location with a friendly staff.

I couldn't be happier with our selection and will recommend this to all!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

Clean, comfortable, helpful staff, not much to complain about here. Walking distance to a number of places to eat, good access to the freeway, an indoor pool, which is odd for a place that has weather in the 70's pretty much year round.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Santa Clara CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

I had to go to LA for a family emergency May 9th. I drove down from San Jose and stayed at the Motel 6 in Buttonwillow first ( hunt for my review) then onto this place. After staying in Buttonwillow first I felt like I was in paradise staying here. Beautiful hotel, Beautiful room, very friendly girls at the desk. Only complaint I had was at the free breakfast the next moring. Having been burned before, I wrote a note to put on my breakfast table that said: RESERVED GETTING FOOD BE RIGHT BACK. I got up to get a refill for my coffee came back to find the dining room hostess clearing my table! I"m like "Give me my food back I just got up to get some more coffee" I was truely only gone 30 seconds! I then had to go back and get food all over again! I showed her my note she just shrugged her shoulders. Whatever. After the food fiasco I went to the pool area. The hot tub was very HOT and felt nice. Overall the place was awsome and I can't wait to go back. Next time I will bring a guard dog to guard my food while I go get more coffee

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2009

I travel to the Pasadena area frequently. During this trip, I decided to try a new hotel, the Embassy Suites in Arcadia. I was very disappointed upon checking into this hotel. The hotel is dated and in serious need of updates. The room is dingy and seems dirty. It's nice to have the suite with the couch area however, there's no coffee table. Nice to have the fridge too as a coke from the vending machine is $1.50 and $2.00 from room service (and it's not from a can or bottle). There's no traditional closet space, just an locker with a few hangers. The bathroom is dated, dirty and worn. I wore flip flops in the shower as I did not feel comfortable standing in the tub with my bare feet. Bring your own shampoo and conditioner as they give you the smalles bottles possible, probably about 1 ounce of each. The breakfast was good but you have to get there early as it does get crowded. If you're a diet coke fan in the morning like me, there's no soft drinks available so bring your own. It's nice to have the free drinks in the evening but the line is long and slow to get to the bartender. The snacks are on the cheap side too like pretzels, nuts, popcorn and nachos depending on the day. The hotel is loud. On the weekends, children run up and down the hallways unsupervised screaming loudly. You can hear doors slamming constantly. Parking is free and the location is great. Close to the interstate, a large mall and many reasonable restaurants (within walking distance) such as Outback, Macaroni Grill, Olive Garden and Chili's. There's a Starbucks across the street from the hotel. The hotel restaurant and room services is average. There's a $3.00 charge for the room service delivery and you have to specify if you want to charge it to the room. You can do better at a local restaurant. All in all, I will not return to this hotel as there are just too many other nicer properties just as reasonable.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

We prefer Embassy Suites when we travel for the Manager’s Happy Hour and the convenience of the in-house restaurant and good free breakfast. This hotel is older and is starting to show its age. However, the staff was very friendly, the room was clean and everything was in good working order. I used the gym twice and the girls swam in the indoor (unheated brrrr) pool.

When we arrived on Friday evening, we had a mediocre dinner in the hotel restaurant because we were tired and strung out from the road. This was a mistake. The area next to the hotel has many different restaurants, including a BJ’s Brewhouse (GREAT MEATLOAF!) and a Macaroni Grill. We should have picked one of those restaurants.

The hotel was PACKED! There were at least 4 different groups at the hotel including a wedding party, dentists from San Francisco, Cal Tech, and LOTS OF KIDS. By the way, that has become the theme of the week. LOTS OF KIDS. I suppose that’s what happens when you book a spring break vacation.

Our room: This is the older style Embassy with the separated living room and bedroom with a bathroom in between. The layout really worked well for us as the girls shared the pullout couch in the living room (with TV) and the wet bar. We shared the bedroom with its own sink and TV. Plus the bathroom had a sink also. Lots of space for hair products. I’m bald so it wasn’t me…

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
SoCal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

Stayed at the Embassy suites while our house was being fumigated. Arrived on a Friday and left on Monday.

This is an older generation Embassy suites, all rooms are the same size, so no upgrades for Hilton Honors members. Parking is free, check in is quick.

Room layout was usual Embassy suites with two TV, three sinks, one refrigerator/freezer. Two double beds, pullout sofa and a shower/tub combination are pretty standard. Clean rooms, very quiet, despite location next to a freeway.

Breakfast is very complete and very good, manager's happy hour was also good, coincided with the second half of the Super Bowl. The bartender is a hoot and was making a lot of exotic drinks, have never had a Pearl Harbor Cocktail! Not very crowded.

Overall a good experience for the money. Too bad they don't have any upgrades for Hilton Honors members.

• Liked — usual embassy suites--free breakfast, happy hour, size of rooms
  • Disliked — lack of upgrades for hilton honors
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

The Embassy Suites in Arcadia is a wonderful place to stay. It is conveniently located off the 210 freeway and is close to the cities of Pasadena and Monrovia (among others).

We stayed in a regular suite. Comfortable beds, a small mini bar with sink, a good size bathroom, and a love-seat that pulls out into a bed in the small living area are offered. The shower is spacious, 2 closets/armoires are in the room, and some rooms have a small balcony that overlook the mountains on the west side of the property.

The check-in was fast and efficient and the hotel has a restaurant on-site in the lobby that serves great food with live entertainment. The Spanish style courtyard just past the lobby gives you a nice welcome with it's winding paths and koi ponds. If you choose to dine out, the hotel has many restaurants(popular chain and mom-n-pop places) along the same street.

It's a good spot to pick if you want to explore the cities of Pasadena, Arcadia, Glendale, and it's about 25 minutes from Downtown LA.

• Liked — The location and the service
  • Disliked — The parking lot is big, but could prove small if there is a function at the hotel
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Embassy Suites Arcadia - Pasadena Area? Share your experiences!