I stayed at the Embassy Suites for approximately 4 weeks while my home had emergency renovations done.
It's a bit hard being in a hotel for an extended stay when there is no stove to cook, but I made do with a microwave, mini fridge (some even come with a mini freezer), and a George Foreman grill that I brought.
The first 3 weeks of my stay on the third floor were wonderful! Some highlights:
- laundry: though only one washer and dryer on three floors, can't complain as it helped a lot during my extended stay
- breakfast: not too bad of a selection, though the food never changes and so it got boring after a while. Maybe the hotel should cycle different breakfast food choices every week (like waffles maybe? French toast?)
- Happy hour. Free. Except Tip of course but all good!
- fitness center: super clean, never busy
- great bed and pillows
- front desk staff. I cannot give this group enough credit. They were always helpful, cordial, and even remembered my name and room number (I was guilty for always accidentally de-magnetizing my key card. whoops)
- housekeeping on 3rd floor. Whoever my housekeeper was, she/he kept my room spotless. Thank you so much.
- Bell staff: helped me move my stuff to my new room while I was away at work. Just gave the front desk a holler and they did everything. Kudos!
- Also, since we stayed for 30+ days, no tax and lower room rate (105/nt) yay!
The last week of my stay, I had to move rooms (don't remember why). I moved to the fourth floor. Highlights, and unfortunately, lowlights:
- same highlights as above, for the most part
- 4th floor room was not as clean and well kept (shower handle was loose, bathroom door did not lock), some grime on the far side of the tub
- My biggest complaint was the housekeeping staff on the 4th floor. My sister stayed in my room with me, she's a night shift nurse. She slept during the day, and the housekeeper didn't bother to knock or come in on the last day I stayed, even when I purposefully kept the "do not enter" sign off. Maybe it was an oversight. Maybe not. But I was quite disappointed when I came home to a mountain of dirty towels, and no clean ones. No shampoo/conditioner. Oh, and my fat tip to housekeeping for my last week's stay was still there. I took it back.
- was glad to leave after that.
Really wish my stay at ES could have been consistently good. Unfortunately, I left with a bad after taste. :( Will I stay here again? Probably. If the Residence Inn right behind it is fully booked. Will I request any floor except the 4th, with preference for the 3rd? Most definitely.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, getaroom.com, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia - Pasadena Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Hotel Arcadia
- Embassy Suites Arcadia
- Arcadia Embassy Suites