“Needed to move out of house, Embassy Suites helped me out” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Play at Dave and Busters
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Los Angeles, California
“Needed to move out of house, Embassy Suites helped me out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I stayed at the Embassy Suites for approximately 4 weeks while my home had emergency renovations done.

It's a bit hard being in a hotel for an extended stay when there is no stove to cook, but I made do with a microwave, mini fridge (some even come with a mini freezer), and a George Foreman grill that I brought.

The first 3 weeks of my stay on the third floor were wonderful! Some highlights:
- laundry: though only one washer and dryer on three floors, can't complain as it helped a lot during my extended stay
- breakfast: not too bad of a selection, though the food never changes and so it got boring after a while. Maybe the hotel should cycle different breakfast food choices every week (like waffles maybe? French toast?)
- Happy hour. Free. Except Tip of course but all good!
- fitness center: super clean, never busy
- great bed and pillows
- front desk staff. I cannot give this group enough credit. They were always helpful, cordial, and even remembered my name and room number (I was guilty for always accidentally de-magnetizing my key card. whoops)
- housekeeping on 3rd floor. Whoever my housekeeper was, she/he kept my room spotless. Thank you so much.
- Bell staff: helped me move my stuff to my new room while I was away at work. Just gave the front desk a holler and they did everything. Kudos!
- Also, since we stayed for 30+ days, no tax and lower room rate (105/nt) yay!

The last week of my stay, I had to move rooms (don't remember why). I moved to the fourth floor. Highlights, and unfortunately, lowlights:
- same highlights as above, for the most part
- 4th floor room was not as clean and well kept (shower handle was loose, bathroom door did not lock), some grime on the far side of the tub
- My biggest complaint was the housekeeping staff on the 4th floor. My sister stayed in my room with me, she's a night shift nurse. She slept during the day, and the housekeeper didn't bother to knock or come in on the last day I stayed, even when I purposefully kept the "do not enter" sign off. Maybe it was an oversight. Maybe not. But I was quite disappointed when I came home to a mountain of dirty towels, and no clean ones. No shampoo/conditioner. Oh, and my fat tip to housekeeping for my last week's stay was still there. I took it back.
- was glad to leave after that.

Really wish my stay at ES could have been consistently good. Unfortunately, I left with a bad after taste. :( Will I stay here again? Probably. If the Residence Inn right behind it is fully booked. Will I request any floor except the 4th, with preference for the 3rd? Most definitely.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bakersfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I stayed here for two nights during my husband's hospitalization at City of Hope. I'm a wheelchair user and require grab bars in the bathroom. After booking an accessible room, I assumed everything would be good, based on stays at other Embassy Suites. Well, the bathroom didn't have grab bars by the toilet (and the desk told me that none of their rooms do), and the shower head was too high for me to reach. If I'd been traveling alone, I would've been screwed. I thought I'd just use the toilet in the lobby, but the bathroom I found was clear on the other side of the hotel, and it was dark and creepy.

When I asked the desk how it was that toilets didn't have grab bars, she said they were getting ready to retrofit the rooms to comply with a new rule in the ADA from March of 2011...almost an entire year prior to my visit. How long does it take to install grab bars anyway? I hated my stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Arcadia hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised walking into the hotel lobby for the first time. This hotel is beautiful! We stayed at this hotel while visiting Los Angeles on vacation. With three of us in the room we found the suite set up perfect to be able to stretch out. The hotel offers an awesome complimentary breakfast with a good mix of hot and cold foods. The managers reception in the early evening was a perfect place to end the day with a light snack and drinks. The location of the hotel was very good, with plenty of restaurants within walking distance and accessible reasonably priced stores to be able to pick up those items that we forgot. I would definitely recommend this hotel for both business and leisure travelers.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Modesto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

We stayed for 1 night before new years eve and found the hotel to be very adequate. Staff was friendly and rooms were large and clean. Beds were awesome! Only downside was a crowded breakfast with no seating available when we were there. It was a holiday though.

Nice pool and spa, definitely worth the price to stay there.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Burbank, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Loved the bed..i havent had a better nights sleep in a hotel.. It was very comfortable and felt homey. The shower dripped all night which was annoying, but everything else was wonderful!

Room Tip: Corner suites offer a quiet nights rest.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Deer Harbor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I had to make a trip to Arcadia to visit family. Stayed here and found it safe, comfortable with good amenities. The workout facility was good, nice breakfast and happy hour. Good location to all restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

After thoroughly researching hotels in the area we decided on the Embassy Suites particularly after reading many of the trip advisor comments. We are a family of 4 and thought the hotel and location sounded great. Unfortunately we were terribly disappointed. The staff were pleasant enough but the hotel was in real need of an update. The carpets along all the floors were covered in huge stains which made it feel really grubby.

We have never stayed in a hotel that didn't offer a hot buffet breakfast where you help yourself. The Embassy Suites cook your breakfast to order at a "counter" which was fairly limited in choice. We stayed at a fairly quiet time of year and had to wait for our breakfast, I could imagine it would be a nightmare at busier times. The cold choice of breakfast was extremely poor (no decent pastries - only bagels and small muffins - two choices of cut up fruit and a rubbish selection of cereal. It was the worst breakfast choice of any hotel I have stayed in.

The pool area is nice if you don't mind navigating a load of maid's carts, crates and other hotel equipment to get there. You also get a decent view of the inner workings of the hotel as you bypass the hotel laundry and the back of the breakfast kitchen. You also get a rather attractive view right into the car park from the pool. The changing facilities in the pool area are virtually non existent. Just a large toilet with nowhere to hang your clothes or put them down whilst you get changed - you will have to use the toilet floor!

We chose the suites so that we could have more room to spread out but ended up just using the bedroom as the lounge (which is in the inner part of the hotel) was extremely dark and could not be used without lighting which was fairly dim at best.

When searching for hotels in Pasadena, the Embassy Suites came up. Being from New Zealand we had no idea that it was 7 miles away and only realised once we'd booked. However Arcadia is a decent little town with great eating places and a great mall.

If you are used to staying in somewhere a bit nicer and can afford it, my advice would be to pay the extra $60 per night and stay in luxury at the Langham in Pasadena - I wish we had!

Room Tip: We were in room 624 which was away from the elevator and had views across the city towards the mount...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Arcadia / Pasadena
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia / Pasadena Area
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia
No photo provided

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia - Pasadena Area? Share your experiences!